“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Monroe, Louisiana
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was nice, but will try to work you for tips. Room was very nice and very clean. Quick walk to the french quarters. Quite at night. No truly negatives to say. We did get our charged for parking the first night but received a discount for the second night when we brought it up to the staffs attention.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
HyattRegencyNola, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear TCU2010,

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Wilma C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Meridian, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here during the middle of Nov. 2012. Beautiful Hotel. Very nice remodel. Like new. Very Modern with nice amenities. It is a little challenging to navigate the hotel at first. The part I found fascinating was the button-less elevators. No buttons in the elevator at all. There is an electronic touch key pad outside the elevator. One swipe of your key card, and it automatically tells you which elevator to take to your floor. You can also select a floor by touching the key pad and selecting the floor you need. Different, but a nice modern touch. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially navigating the hotel that first day.

My room was very nice, clean, and new. Large flat screen and plenty of room to spread out. I was on the 25th floor with a nice view. Small fridge in the room was a good to keep water and other snacks. Nice clean bathroom and shower.

I had access to the Regency Club on the 32nd floor. Very nice place to have breakfast, and snacks throughout the day. There is free computer access and printing capabilities. Great to print boarding passes. Spectacular view of New Orleans. Also brought a few clients up for meetings, which was better than a windowless conference room. Very relaxing.

The fitness room is state of the art with nice equipment and plenty of cardio machines. Elliptical, bike, and treadmills. Enough weights to get a decent work-out. They really need a Smith, and dumbbells which go to maybe 90 lbs.

Overall, a great stay. Would highly recommend this hotel for business, or pleasure. Definitely meets the high quality Hyatt standards you would expect.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views of the city.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dfndr90,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It sounds like you enjoyed everything from the smart elevator system to the Regency Club! We have to admit the view from the Regency Club is tough to beat. I hope your clients enjoyed meeting there as well.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again the next time you are in New Orleans!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay here. The property itself is nice and clean. However, for a place that just one year ago got a $280 million renovation, something isn't right.

The bads:
1. Our bedsheets had holes in them. Not little ones either, about the size of a quarter. Why they would give them to the maid to put on our bed is beyond me. Or why the maid would put them on a bed after having seen the holes, is just bad training.
2. The shower design in our standard king room is bad. Water leaked out all over the bathroom floor.
3. Soundproofing is terrible. You hear everything on the street, including music, sirens, jackhammering related to the delayed streetcar line, and saxophones from buskers, and we were on the 24th floor.
4. On Saturday morning, we left the room at 9am and requested that our room be made up. Got back to the room at noon, it had not been made up. The housekeeping manager stopped by (she was doing rounds) and we told her to please make up the room. We left and came back at 4pm, room was still not made up. It took 2 phone calls and a trip to the front desk to have the room made up. The front desk guy (very helpful) told us that a number of maids decided not to come to work that day and that was the reason for the delay.

The goods:
1. The elevators are cool.
2. The bathroom amenities are nice.
3. The TV system is good and actually has hi-def channels.
4. The restaurants look nice (even though the Starbucks has very limited hours).
5. The Regency Club has nice views, a good coffee machine, and a big screen iMac.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nashvillian
Dear Nashvillian,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff. I do apologize for the aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations but am happy you were able to enjoy Regency Club, the elevators and the TV system.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I traveled to New Orleans with my family for a wedding. In my research I was looking for an affordable option close to the French Quarter but not in the action. I found it in this hotel. It was close enough to be in the action but far enough away so we didn't have to see or hear it.

Prior to booking I didn't know it was a mega hotel with many conventions going on simultaneiously. The hotel was huge and I actual got lost a few times trying to find our room.

The hotel is modern and clean. The staff was friendly enough although I didn't have too much interactions with them.

Our room was located right next to the pool which would've been great had the sliding glass door been able to open so we can have easy access to the pool. It was screwed shut and we were unable to open. I purposely booked this place because it would've been nice to be able to swim in the pool but it was not heated and the water was freezing.

The hotel was fine but if I were to travel to New Orleans again I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again. It is not set up for families. It seems to be geared more for business travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Serena107,

Thank you for your constructive comments. I will be sure to share them with the rest of our team. I apologize if some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations but I am happy to hear that our location was convenient for you!

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Significantly affected by the hurricane, refurbished as a result and reopened last year- this hotel has some teething problems. I attended a conference and the signage to find the rooms is very poor and hard to locate- its a maize without a map. Material related to the conference was not in my room and the letter of welcome arrived the last day of the conference in the afternoon.

Its a long haul from check in to the rooms, up 2 escalators and then to the elevators. Service was very patchy- long wait for check in and check out and anticipating many people checking out the next day, tried the night before to arrange a time for the bags to be collected - its a very long way to carry one!, to be told i needed to ring tomorrrow! Noisy over Friday and Saturday nights where there is entertainment. Ask for a room which does not have a connecting door as I heard my neighbor arrive at 1am and leave at 4.30am complete with conversation. They are going green so room is serviced every 3 days unless you ask and then its not that clean. I was not told this at check in and only found out when I rang to have the room serviced.

So stunning decor, very patchy service and it has not the polish you would expect- compared with my recent stay at the Marriot - Marriot out classes them.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with connecting doors and facing the stadium.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Travellernov12,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay. I'm sorry some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations but I am happy to hear that you found our decor stunning.. I will be sure to share your constructive comments with our team.

Branchland, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during a conference I attended in New Orleans. As many of the reviewers have stated the hotel can be difficult to navigate initially and the elevators are not intuitive. After being there a couple of days I did figure things out and actually enjoyed the hands free nature of the elevators. Every staff member I encountered was polite and helpful, too. The hotel was incredibly clean and crisp and the beds were very comfortable. Wi-fi was available for free in the lobby but I would've expected free service hotel wide since it was a major convention center. I realize this is not always the trend. The hotel restaurants had good food and it was very nice to have a Starbucks on site. Regarding the convention facilities, the area was crowded and often confusing as to whose area it was (there were multiple conventions going on while I was there). The layout of the food for the convention was not well planned either. It's hard to explain without seeing it but it was very confusing and did not have a good, efficient flow. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are traveling to New Orleans, want to be away from the noisiness of Bourbon Street, and don't mind to walk several blocks to get to the action. The hotel was lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed the walks through town to get to the waterfront, the French Quarter, and to the trolley.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear RJPorter1973,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and your stay. We always welcome guest feedback and are always delighted to receive it, especially from our conference or convention attendees. We are currently working on exciting new signage that will help guests navigate through the hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, the food, and the convenience of our smart elevator system. I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again the next time you find yourself in New Orleans.

Muntinlupa, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here a few months ago with friends. We got upgraded to a Club level room with access to the lounge at the top floor with stunning views! The room was clean and pretty much fits the mold of other big, city center Hyatt hotel rooms ... nothing much to say in that regard. The room with 2 double beds was a bit small for several of us to be sharing, as was the bathroom ... but that's probably our fault for not getting another room. Housekeeping was efficient and our room was always kept clean (so nice to return to a clean room after a summer day's worth of touring around).
As with most big city Hyatts, the property is huge! Lot's of food options, a pool, a gym, banquet space, etc. it was easy to get lost in the public areas of the hotel. If you are unfamiliar with NOLA, you could just stay in the resort and you would have everything you need for a few days. But then again, why would you visit such an exciting city iand just stay at the hotel? Service, as expected for a very big hotel, was a bit spotty and seemed impersonal in some of the public areas and restaurant outlets. However the lady at the club lounge (forgot her name) was extremely helpful in giving tips on what to see and do in the city and where to eat.
The location, as mentioned in other reviews, is ideal if you have an event to go to at the Superdome. Walking to the French Quarter takes 15-20 minutes or a 5 minute cab ride. We had a rental car for a few days which we used to go to the outskirts of NOLA, but for our days without a car it wasn't so much of a hassle to walk or cab it from the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Hyatt club rooms are supposed to be better but I have nothing to compare it with at The Hyatt Regenc...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Globaladobo,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm so happy you had such a great first experience in New Orleans and were able to enjoy as many things inside of the hotel as well as in the city itself. I hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in New Orleans.