“Fantastic”

American Bicycle Rental Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Look no further, you've found what you are looking for. American Bicycle Rental is a local, family owned business - we are not a national chain. Bike Rental is our business - we strive to give our customers the best possible bicycling experience that money can buy. We provide helmets, locks, baskets, lights for night riding and the best cycling map in the city for FREE! We offer the highest quality, most reliable bike rentals in New Orleans - check out our reviews across the web and see for yourself. There are cheaper rentals in town but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. We have the only secure indoor facility in the city for 24-hour self-returns. ALL of our bikes are made in the U.S.A. - not just a few. Do yourself a huge favor and rent one of our top-notch bikes, you'll be glad that you spent the extra couple of bucks for a quality ride and superior equipment!
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Easy, friendly, cheap, easy, fun. Self-return is the jam.

Saw so much more of this wonderful city on a bike than I had before.

5/5 would recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

sacramento,ca
“best way to see new orleans”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I rented a bicycle from ryan for four hours, which ended up being three full days. It certainly made my trip. Great way to see the city, rather than
"hoofing it" on foot. Saw many areas of city, ate with the locals, went to hear local musicians perform. To hell with Bourbon street!! Ha-ha!!

The owners were very helpful, with great routes, places to avoid, etc. Very courteous as well. And fair prices. Keep up the great work, you guys!!

sincerely,

sharon young
sacramento, ca

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“NOLA highlight!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stumbled upon TABRC (literally) and met Ryan and his mechanic. Came back next day for a 4 hour rental. He took the time to get everything right and gave us an awesome tour route with nice insights about landmarks and milestones so we always knew where we were. Caught caught in a T storm so he called and cleared up return details. Terrific experience and classic cajun hospitality!
The Canuck couple

oslo
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“nothing is better than rolling it through Nola”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

To begin with, this is probably your most central bike renting place in New Orleans. They rent their own American made "balloon" cruiser bikes. If you are not an avid cyclist, these are perfect for you. You will be placed on a wide leather seat. Bikes probably weight about 20 kilo, which reassured me there are no big hills to pass on the trip. Bikes only have leg break (you roll the pedal backwards to stop) and if you are not used to that, take it easy from the start until you master it. I have gotten a bike with an extra hand break, but they do not have many of those (two?). I am an experienced cyclist and usually use bike to come somewhere far away in Europe, hence I have taken two trips on the same day. As far as sight seeing is considered, this is absolutely the best way to explore the city. The guides were very knowledgable and you stop on the way to get a short break, a drink and, if you wish, a small snack, in a small cafeteria. You will also get a free bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated on the trip. I liked both Creole trip and American district trip, but if I would have to choose, I would first pick Creole architecture. If you are an American, the other trip might be better, as you will see some of celebrities' houses. You can get a completely individual cycling trip, if you wish (the price is than somewhat higher, of course). I was asking to go on the 9th ward and they said that they do no offer the trips there, as it might be a bit unpredictable. Just how unpredictable that might be, turned out later that same day, when there was actually shooting going on! So sometimes I think it is ok to be a bit reasonable and not take chances, if you are not familiar in the area. As said, I personally had absolutely no problems taking two trips on the same day. Rolling is gentle and there is no rush. But I am not a big fan of balloon tyre cruiser bikes and definitely not a fan of a big wide seat! These are only comfortable for 30 min. or so. The best seats do not press on your soft tissues, only touch pelvic bones in the seating areas and leave the rest. Trust me, I do know. :) Anyhow, for a day, you will be fine. Balloon tyres will take care of the rough roads, so you will be comfortable no matter what awaits you. It is of course also very nice to attract attention on these beautiful bikes and the group looks lovely cycling around. Cycling in New Orleans seems to be safer than in other areas of USA. It is almost like in Europe. There are cycling paths and it seems the drivers are used to see a cyclist on the road. That increases safety. I highly recommend you try this experience!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank anaiiis
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States
“Great Personalized Service right in the Quarter”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wife and I came in for vacation and this place was excellent. Friendly and enthusiastic staff who also do bike tours so they know their stuff. Equipment was clean and well maintained.. Have a night dropoff as well. If you've never biked around New Orleans its a great way to see the city.

Visited May 2013