“great company, great experience”

American Bicycle Rental Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Look no further, you've found what you are looking for. American Bicycle Rental is a local, family owned business - we are not a national chain. Bike Rental is our business - we strive to give our customers the best possible bicycling experience that money can buy. We provide helmets, locks, baskets, lights for night riding and the best cycling map in the city for FREE! We offer the highest quality, most reliable bike rentals in New Orleans - check out our reviews across the web and see for yourself. There are cheaper rentals in town but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. We have the only secure indoor facility in the city for 24-hour self-returns. ALL of our bikes are made in the U.S.A. - not just a few. Do yourself a huge favor and rent one of our top-notch bikes, you'll be glad that you spent the extra couple of bucks for a quality ride and superior equipment!
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I love New Orleans and visit two or three times a year. Every time I go, I spend a day renting bicycles and exploring uptown. It is such a great way to see the rest of the city outside of the quarter. And this company is phenomenal! Great customer service; they do a great job of making you feel comfortable with traffic rules and maps before you take off. And they are available by text if you have any problems at all. When you are done for the night, you just lock the bike back up at your convenience. I love this place!

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We were a little hesitant at leaving the french quater at first and renting the bikes for a self tour but we were so glad we did it.

Ryan is very informative and helpful he planned our route to the city park (amazing) and the cementary! Don't waste your time on a silly tour bus to the cementary. You can just rent the bike and get there within 20mins from the store.

If I come back to New Orleans I would book again!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

After a day of walking around the French Quarter and wearing crocs while doing it, my husband's feet were pretty sore, so our second day in New Orleans we decided to rent some bicycles to tour the city. That way we could still get some exercise while enjoying all that the city has to offer. I only wish we had done it sooner. Ryan and Josh were absolutely superb. They were extremely friendly and Ryan explained to us all of the places we could go around the French Quarter that you probably wouldn't get to walk to in the short amount of time we had left in the city. We were able to ride all the way to City Park which is a great location if you bring the kids and it was much easier to maneuver through the entire French Quarter without having to spend crazy amounts of money on a taxi service.
We got in a bit of trouble when my husband chose to put the bike in the back of our car and drive it back to the rental place (apparently it is in the contract that you don't do that) but Ryan was really cool about it and just said he would make it more clear in the future that that is not allowed because the bikes are pretty expensive.
All in all we had a great time on the bikes and we will definitely do it again.

1  Thank Brandi B
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This saved our trip to New Orleans. First wore blisters on my feet and could not walk. Found These guys online.
They gave awesome service and good strong comfortable bikes. Being a man of 6'5" 350+ pounds its hard to find a bike that is comfortable, I will come back and see these guys again.

Allen, Tyler, Tx

1  Thank Cowboy2092
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

A couple of great guys who made our rental very easy. The tour was very informative and our 24 hour rental afterwards made it very handy to get around the French Quarter, the Warehouse District and City Park.
Will recommend this to anyone we know travelling to NOLA.

1  Thank DavidJohnson1967