“A different way to see the City”

American Bicycle Rental Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Look no further, you've found what you are looking for. American Bicycle Rental is a local, family owned business - we are not a national chain. Bike Rental is our business - we strive to give our customers the best possible bicycling experience that money can buy. We provide helmets, locks, baskets, lights for night riding and the best cycling map in the city for FREE! We offer the highest quality, most reliable bike rentals in New Orleans - check out our reviews across the web and see for yourself. There are cheaper rentals in town but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. We have the only secure indoor facility in the city for 24-hour self-returns. ALL of our bikes are made in the U.S.A. - not just a few. Do yourself a huge favor and rent one of our top-notch bikes, you'll be glad that you spent the extra couple of bucks for a quality ride and superior equipment!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A different way to see the City”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is not in my usual repertoire for doing things in a city, but this place got good reviews, so I thought we'd try it. And I'm so glad we did. It turned out to be one of my favorite things we did on our trip to New Orleans. We stayed in the French Quarter so it was nice to get across the city to the garden district and see all the beautiful homes. Plus, we stopped by a historic cemetery, rode around a lovely park, went to the water and an amazing brunch at Coulis. Plus, all the Halloween decorations were up, so that was something fun and special to see. We spent 6 hours on the bikes, and it was great. Also, I have to mention that when I booked the bikes, I received fantastic customer service over the phone by Teddy, and we received equally great customer service from Ryan upon our arrival at the shop. Ryan even gave us recommendations on places to go, and streets to use (as well as places not to go). Can't say enough good things about it!

p.s. one little thing - if you are short (I'm 4'11"), the bike is a tiny bit tall, but you can still manage. Just thought I'd mention it for my vertically challenged friends out there.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“No better way to see New Orleans”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The American Bicycle Rental Company was easily reached, helpful, had great bicycles, good open and close times, excellent tourist info, friendly personel, and having a bike in New Orleans is the way I will recomend everyone travels about the city. Luckily we did not get the radio commentary or we would have been annoyed like the other reviewer. We just got smiles and help.

Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great bikes, in-your-face politics”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a great place to rent a bicycle, if you can get past the Ron Paul bumper stickers and angry right-wing propaganda radio blaring in the office. The vehicle was in perfect shape, brought me to great places. The lovely fellow who rented it to me told me about which neighborhoods were safe, and which roads were well-paved. As I set out, I couldn't help but wonder: aren't the taxes that the loud, angry signs on his office wall complain about an important reason for why he can even maintain a business? Somebody has to build the roads and somebody keep them safe... Anyhow, great place to get a bike, would be more pleasant without the politics.

1 Thank svmngla
Lee, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Accomodating”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and i rented a tandem late one afternoon. The gentleman working at the shop waited for us to arrive a short while after the shop closed. He set us up with a nice tandem bike and some directions. We Had a nice tour of the Garden District and the French Quarter. Great Service.

1 Thank Michael K
Albany, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best way to see New Orleans!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I were staying in the Bywater and wanted to rent bikes so we could explore New Orleans. We called a few places but they had odd business hours, days and rental rules (a day = less than 24 hrs.) So I called ABRC and spoke to Teddy. He had a bunch of singles and a tandem in stock so we headed down there. My bf was hesitant about renting a tandem so we took it for a test spin and he was sold. The tandem was fantastic and I'd recommend it to any couple who may ride at different paces. We explored the city from tip to tail and the next time we return to NOLA we will do the same thing!
Teddy was super nice and accommodating.

2 Thank Amy S