“Closed”

Ranked #490 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: mrb.grille@gmail.comnew couple working kitchen in MRB over the last year. Great bar grub that is affordable in the Quarter. A "Five Star Dive Bar"
Dallas
“Closed”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

MRB was being emptied by the landlord when we tried to visit on 4/1/12. They were taking out all of the kitchen equipment. The bar was open only until the equipment was removed. We sat and had a beer and tried to visit with the bartender who was visibly upset at the happenings.

• Visited April 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Deal on Good Food”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

You could walk right past this joint - but I am glad we didn't - we had fresh boiled shrimp, broiled oysters, Shrimp Po Boy, and pork Po Boy.... all the food was really good and reasonably priced. Our waitress was hilarious and her rough edge made her all that much more lovable :)

• Visited March 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Surprise”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stumbled upon this place last night, an I've been here and working in the Quarter for almost a decade now. Great cheap drinks, great food that far exceeds bar food or Pub Grub! Mango Crab Quesadilla anyone? It's great food at good prices and you'll never see the bourbon street crowd in here... So come an try it!

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“It's a dive bar...but sometimes that just what you need”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

There is nothing amazing about this bar. It is a dive bar, plain and simple. But sometimes, that's a good thing.

I first visited this bar about 4 years ago when taking one of the French Quarter walking ghost tours. The tour guide told us about the supposedly haunted courtyard, and let us have about 15 minutes to use the restroom and grab a drink. But I found myself going back to this bar on each of my subsequent trips to NOLA. Every time, I manage to meet some real characters (I say that in a good way) at this bar, and pass some time with a few cheap drinks. It has never been overly-crowded or crazy, but always been affordable and relaxed...a good break from Bourbon Street!

• Visited July 2011