“Great Deal on Good Food”

MRB Restaraunt and Bar
Ranked #535 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: mrb.grille@gmail.comnew couple working kitchen in MRB over the last year. Great bar grub that is affordable in the Quarter. A "Five Star Dive Bar"
Reviewed March 25, 2012

You could walk right past this joint - but I am glad we didn't - we had fresh boiled shrimp, broiled oysters, Shrimp Po Boy, and pork Po Boy.... all the food was really good and reasonably priced. Our waitress was hilarious and her rough edge made her all that much more lovable :)

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stumbled upon this place last night, an I've been here and working in the Quarter for almost a decade now. Great cheap drinks, great food that far exceeds bar food or Pub Grub! Mango Crab Quesadilla anyone? It's great food at good prices and you'll never see the bourbon street crowd in here... So come an try it!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

There is nothing amazing about this bar. It is a dive bar, plain and simple. But sometimes, that's a good thing.

I first visited this bar about 4 years ago when taking one of the French Quarter walking ghost tours. The tour guide told us about the supposedly haunted courtyard, and let us have about 15 minutes to use the restroom and grab a drink. But I found myself going back to this bar on each of my subsequent trips to NOLA. Every time, I manage to meet some real characters (I say that in a good way) at this bar, and pass some time with a few cheap drinks. It has never been overly-crowded or crazy, but always been affordable and relaxed...a good break from Bourbon Street!