“Best Tour in the city!”

$52.20*
Taste of New Orleans Cooking Class and Luncheon
Ranked #5 of 52 Food & Drink in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Book tickets on Tastebud Tours website .The best Food Tours on the planet, since 2009 - Come Hungry! A Tastebud Food Tour Adventure "A Must do in New Orleans!" Experience the diverse tastes of New Orleans on the #1 Five Star Food Tour! Learn about New Orleans history, culture and celebrated cuisine. Enjoy a muffuletta. Savor famous Jambalaya at The Old Coffee Shop, featured on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Indulge in famous Pralines, Gumbo, Po-Boys, Shrimp and grit,deserts, and other New Orleans favorites! The best value in town! Gift certificates and Group Events are available. Come Hungry!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Rich is an amazing guide. All the stops had amazing city history and the history of the food was explained so well. Each stop is thought out and well planned. Nothing was rushed and all the heart and pride of the city is shown. Excellent tour and Rich made it so great. He has 20+ years experience eating in the French quarter and knew so many side stories and little antidotes that we would have just walked past and never knew about. I couldn't recommend this tour more.

There are newer reviews for Tastebud Tours

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We started with an awesome muffaletta at Sirios then walked into the quarter for beignets at Cafe Beignet on Bourbon, Gumbo at the Coffee Pot and a Po Boy at Johnny's. There are much better Po Boys in my opinion, but the muffaletta was amazing. The tour guide provided some good history and opinions, but after having already done the New Orleans School of Cooking we had heard most of that. It does do a good job of introducing you to areas of the French Quarter, so I would recommend it, especially to first timers.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I took this tour on Friday March 15, 2013. This was our first day in the city and wanted to taste some good food to see where we would go again. The tour stated at Serio's where we got some city history and the history of the muffaletta. Our next stops included Cafe Beignet, Old Coffeepot, Johnny's Po-Boys and Laura's Pralines.

Overall, the tour was very good. I liked how Laurie (tour guide) interwined the history of the city with the history of the food. I will definitely recommend this tour.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time tasting a perfect mix of typical New Orleans and listening to a very knowledgeable guide

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I called 3 weeks ahead to reserve the TasteBuds tour for Saturday afternoon, only to learn they were already fully booked. I don't recall the person with whom I spoke, but I told him we were a party of five, spending the weekend in NOLA for a birthday celebration. I was so disappointed. He said he would call me back - which he did, within 15 minutes - and told me they had added another tour and to go online and reserve immediately.

We were a group of 16 on the 1:30pm tour on a Saturday. Richard, the Director of Operations, was our tour guide. Richard's love for and knowledge of NOLA is immediately apparent. And how convenient that he was a history teacher. He loves history and that comes through loud and clear. Though he's not a native, Richard and his wife visited NOLA several times/year for 20+ years before retiring there.

I can echo all the good things everyone else said about Richard and the tour, but I would also advise you to take advantage of someone so knowledgeable to inquire about places to go and things to do in the city. I had asked Richard a question about something we wanted to do on Sunday morning. We went where he suggested and it was one of the highlights of our trip.

You can't go wrong with this tour.