“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Yellowknife, Canada
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed at the Terrell house for 4 nights and all I can say is WOW. Great location, and accommondations. Above all, the staff are what makes this place great. Thank you so much to Terry for the great hospitality, Shannon for the amazing food and huge thanks to Annikia for her willingness to tend to our every need as well as the other guests. By this I mean I watched Annikia give a guest her own new running shoes to use as they had forgotten theirs. Thank you again so much for making our trip GREAT!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is our goal to go above and beyond in customer service and it sounds like we achieved that with your stay. I hope to see you back at the Terrell House on your next trip to New Orleans!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We spent Thanksgiving at the Terrell House and had a lovely time. The location is not perfect but it was good to see a different part of New Orleans. Linda (and Stella, her adorable dog) could not have been more hospitable and kind. The home is gorgeous, the courtyard is beautiful and our stay in the carriage house was just perfect. We loved our delicious breakfast as we'll. We would absolutely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words Laura! And thank you for the nice words about Stella as well :) I am happy to hear that y'all had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed exploring our neighborhood in the Lower Garden District. Please come back and see us again!
Haworth NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were in New Orleans for my birthday and it honestly could not have felt more special. We booked Terrel's House and loved every second. The breakfasts are not to be believed, it's close to some great antique shopping, close to the streetcar and was just a beautiful place to spend a few days. we got the chance to watch them prepare for a wedding and I know that the big events there must be beautiful. I'd go back in a minute.

Room Tip: If you can, stay in the main house.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christine - thank you for your kind review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you had the opportunity to sample the breakfast, as I think it is one of our best assets! Please come see us again the next time you are in New Orleans!
Champaign, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

If I could give Terrell House 10 stars I would!!

I don't even know where to begin with this review. I held my wedding there on 11/9/13. As an out of state bride (but lover of New Orleans), I was quite nervous prior to the wedding because there are so many small details that go into planning. However, Miss Linda and Miss Annikka were absolutely AMAZING!!! So incredibly patient, kind, responsive, professional, hospitable.... the list goes on. I spoke to Miss Linda mostly prior to our arrival and she is simply a joy to work with-- anytime I had a question about food, flowers, budget, etc., she was quick to answer. About two weeks before the wedding, her assistant Miss Annika got in touch with me and boy, she is a total Godsend-- almost like a second mom once we got there in New Orleans. Her presence just calms any nerves you have about the wedding. My family also noted how AMAZING Miss Annikka was to them-- always smiling, answering questions, finding cabs, helping with the rehearsal-- she is a total wonder woman (truly a gift to any bride about to get married)! Her and Miss Linda know how to execute a wedding! And Glenn, Miss Annikka's huband, was a great bartender to boot. I could literally write an essay on how amazing they all are.

And let me tell you about the food-- Miss Shannon has it going on! I think I am addicted to her grits and currently having withdrawals. The family that stayed at the Terrell House made it a point to come to breakfast everyday, which can be very hard when you are in New Orleans and there is great breakfast everywhere-- but you can't beat Miss Shannon's food. Even my aunt who is a chef was sincerely impressed. At the wedding, we got TONS of compliments on all of the food. FIVE STARS!!!

And then there is the actual premises of the Terrell House-- SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Literally, Gone with the Wind beautiful. All of of guests couldn't believe we found this place. The courtyard where we had the wedding is just magical. And yet, it isn't overly ostentatious-- it simply feels like home, granted a home that is much better than your own, lol.

Since the wedding, many of our guests have remarked that this has been the best wedding they have ever attended. And in all honestly, I give the credit to the Terrell House and their amazing staff for making out special day so incredibly unforgettable.

We can't wait to go back for our first anniversary.

2 Thank Shantel M
Thank you so much for your very very kind review! We know how important a wedding is to a person, and we do everything we can to ensure that it is executed seamlessly. I am delighted to hear that you got such positive feedback from your guests. It really is our goal to make each and every patron of the Terrell House satisfied and I hope that we accomplished that with your wedding! See you in November for your first anniversary!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here on our honeymoon. The location was great, our accommodations were lovely, and we can't say enough about the hospitality. They even surprised us with a bottle of champagne in our room! If you're in New Orleans, stay at the Terrell House. You won't regret it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Terrell House for your honeymoon! We were excited to be a part of your once in a lifetime vacation, and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for reviewing us!
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My daughter, Margarita just married at the Terrell House. This is the perfect place , the perfect staff, the perfect house, the perfect grits, the perfect everything. I will cherish every moment spent there with my family.

Thank you so much for everything !!

Maria and Luis Francisco Sarmiento

Room Tip: The Terrell House has the perfect room for everyone and for every ocassion. Just let them know what...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank megomez2013
Maria - thank you so much for your glowing review of the Terrell House! Weddings are one of our favorite events to put on at the bed and breakfast, and I am so pleased that you and your family had the "perfect" experience with your daughters wedding! We hope to have you and your family back at the Terrell House in the near future.
Saint Albans, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This was such a lovely B&B with the most friendly talented staff . We came for my son's wedding to which they handled every detail with perfect precision and timing. The floral arrangements were outstanding! I want to give my personal thank-you to Chef Shannon who is not only an accomplished chef but made us feel so at home.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your nice review! I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with how we handled your sons wedding. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible experience at the Terrell House and I hope that's what you and your family had while staying with us! Please come and see us again real soon!