“New Orleans secret”

Ranked #577 of 1,933 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This restaurant just opened a month ago in the Lakefront area. It was formerly located in the Best Western Avalon hotel.
“New Orleans secret”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This little place is tucked away in a little strip mall and easy to miss. There are two strip malls at this spot and its in the smaller one. The food and atmosphere was great. A must try.

Wilton, California
“Great referral”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We're in town for five nights and our hotel desk manager suggested this restaurant. My palette doesn't lean toward really spice foods and I feel we both chose items that wouldn't be considered Creole or hot, but what we got we loved! Anthony was the wait person and had a thorough knowledge of the specials and menu items. We started with the crab cake appetizer. It had four cakes, two each, and a good size for an appetizer. It had a lovely crust and the crab mixture inside was really tasty, the sauce did have a nice zip to it so it was excellent. Vern chose the stuffed pepper with a salad, beans and mac and cheese to die for. Truly an outstanding side, which, thankfully for me, he shared. Yummy Excellent! I ordered smothered liver and onions. A side of mashed potatoes and fiesta corn. There were two slabs of liver! Vern helped me eat my dinner, but, we did save room for the best, last. The bread pudding was so very delicious! What an excellent way to end the meal. The wait staff were excellent and I loved the layout and color usage in the restraint, very restrained and elegant. What a joy.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ruthandvern
“Just what I was looking for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Excellent restaurant nestled in a strip mall. We spent 9 days on vacation with mediocre to horrible meals here. This was suggested by attendant at nearby airport. Wait staff was prompt & pleasant. Food was great! Will return again next trip.

“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

While I'm not from here, this is the flavor I expected for Cajun. Prices were reasonable. Taste was great!

I tried the hamburger with sausage mixed in. My wife had the pork chop. Both were exceptional.

Slidell,LA
“Good Creole Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was a nice surprise. The decor was nice and clean. The wait staff was friendly. The food was really good. The gumbo was filled with meat and had a nice flavor. The fried chicken was hot and tasty. If you want a quick lunch spot, this isn't for you unless you order the special. If you have time to sit back and enjoy your food, this is the place for you. Everything is cooked to order, so that's why it might take about 20 mins to get something like fried chicken. I don't mind waiting for good hot well cooked food. I definitely recommend that you give them a try.

1 Thank MardiGrasFun