“Finally On Track”

Neighborhood: Mid-City
Cross street: Scott St
Transit: Along the Canal Street Car Line
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I had written Redemption off. Two worse than bad meals all around. Went back after Greg Picollo from the Bistro at Maison DeVille took over. Fantastic! If you miss Christian's and the Bistro, then you'll love Redemption.

3  Thank 1NOLAFAM1

Reviewed January 6, 2012

It was Ok. my app was better than my entree. which was rabbit leg confit. It tasted like it was braised and not confited. the venison tornedo was a wasted dissapointment of time and money. It was about 3 oz of meat for 30 bucks when they also serve a 10 oz chateaubriand. ridiculous! My gf had a better meal of course. gonna have to go back and give umm a second chance.

1  Thank chef ben m
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Don't miss out on this Mid City gem with their new Chef Greg Picolo who recently joined coming from the Bistro Maison deVille. Chef Greg brings his expertise in old New Orleans cuisine and is saving some of Christian's old favorites to create an exciting menu. Enjoyed a perfectly fried soft shelled crab served over fresh greens with an avocado meuniere sauce...to die for!!

3  Thank Egootee
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Before Katrina we had visited Christian’s on a few occasions so we were looking forward to an evening at Redemption. It was great to see how they have restored the church/restaurant and the place is simply gorgeous with the stained glass and woodwork that make up the restaurant.

We were seated promptly and our server was very attentive. I ordered the butternut squash soup as an appetizer and it was excellent. My fiancé ordered the stuffed shrimp and although they were good, we had a time eating them as they still had the shell on them. I ordered the lamb and she the duck. While we liked the duck, the lamb was superb.

Overall we really enjoyed our meal, the restaurant brought back many memories for both of us and we will certainly be going back.

3  Thank Mark P
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Finally getting to this place and it was such a treat! The setting is charming - a beautiful old church building beautifully re-done inside and out. Sunday brunch included a singer-pianist who was really enjoyable but not too loud for conversation. My husband chose the cream of asparagus soup and one taste made me wish I had done so also. His BLT was really nice with Canadian bacon as well as regular bacon. My seafood salad was the best I've ever had - and I live in this city of great food. There was a large amount of crab meat and several large shrimp on a bed of mixed greens. My regret that I'd forgotten to ask for the dressing on the side was totally unfounded as the dressing was perfect - light in taste and amount. So I walked away with 1 regret only - that we were so satisfied that we couldn't try a dessert.

3  Thank Madelyn E