“Amazing Look and Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed September 13, 2012

What drew me to this place was its wonderful appearance. Not to be out done by it the food and service and great as well. The outside seating is gorgeous and surprising cool in summer months. Margaritas, tequila shots, blanco dip and chips, amazing large portion meals - What’s not to love?

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I recently moved to Metairie. My husband an I love Mexican food. Unfortunately, we have not found one with good food in the NOLA area. We have tried The Velvet Cactus several times and finally decided not to go back. Suprisingly, it is one of the first places that locals recommend. The food is not seasoned at all. I was very disappointed in my very bland meals. The food is also way overpriced.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Went here on a rainy day, wanted to sit outside but didnt want to get struck by lightning. we started with the queso dip and it was pretty good( hard to mess up queso) I had the battered, tasty ,shrimp soft tacos, they were pretty damn good, also tried their borracho beans,different. tasty but not horrible, and their paella rice was yummy wish I got more on my plate. my meal overall was quiite satisfiying and left full!
my gf had chicken taco salad, it was huge, im talking huge!! I tasted some of it and it was great, I think it took her 3 times to finish it at home. we will be going back, I gotta try the bleack beans.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The building is beautifully decorated but the meal was not really tasty but it was a large serving. It was a fun place but the wait was long and the parking was difficult.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stopped here with a girlfriend while biking the neighborhood. Ordered two margaritas to go. The standard rocks margarita on the board behind the was $6.99. Was I surprised when the bill came to $22.00! The margaritas cost $11.00 each and were not that special. The barman did not ask if we wanted some special grande / fancy margarita. In hindsight I should have told him to keep the drinks and I'd keep my $$. This is something i'd expect from a tourist place in the quarter bargaining on their customers never returning. Well I guess it worked, they got my one time money, but i'm not going back.

On the plus, their outside seating area looked attractive.