“Stayed for the Essence Festival” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans

Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans
Ranked #101 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Norfolk, VA
“Stayed for the Essence Festival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2005

Some friends and I stayed in a double bed/non smoking for 3days/2nights. We enjoyed our stay throughly. This hotel is at the corner of Canal/Bourbon. So we were in the middle of all the fun. The trolley also made a stop right in front. I do suggest that you request a room above the 4th flr otherwise your view will be blocked. The staff was courteous and always checked to see if we were in need of anything.

• 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank mrlddst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2005

i loved the astor hotel and i loved New Orleans even more because of my experiecnce, as a first time visitor. All the staff were friendly and warm. The location is perfect as your in the heart if the french quarters and everywhere else to be honest. I hope to be back one day soon to get some of that southern hospitality. Until then my prayers and thoughts are with you all in this great time of need.

love you all
fiona anderson - london

5 Thank d1am0nd5
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

My friends and I had the pleasure of staying at the Astor Crowne Plaza in June of 2005.

The staff was friendly and very competent and made our mini-vacation quite enjoyable. Ms. Kimberly Johnson was exceptionally helpful and should be commended for her fine efforts.

With its great location and exceptional service, I heartily recommend this hotel.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

After a string of mediocre hotel experiences on our recent vacation, the Astor Crowne Plaza was a joy! The location was perfect for exploring New Orleans on foot. Every single staff member we encountered were professional and accomodating. The room was truly clean and appointed with special little extras that went beyond the call of duty. After a full day of touring, we couldn't wait to fall into the fabulously comfy bed, pillows and fresh linens. Our room remained quiet even as the New Orleans nightlife buzzed on the city streets below....we loved this hotel!

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank Zoe-la
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2005

Wonderful hotel visit up until the final day.....

After a long and relaxing vacation my wife and I approach the valet stand to retrieve our car for the long drive back to Florida. This is where the joke begins. After a 15 minute wait ... You and approximately 15 others are picked up, packed in and hauled off two miles down the road to a parking garage in a neighborhood which resembles downtown Beirut. Once there you are shoved out and left to wait while 1 valet attendent scrambles to get 15 vehicles.... What a JOKE ! are you kidding me ?? How and the heck can the Crown Plaza charge their guests $27 a day for this ?? I could have just parked my car in a full service garage behind the hotel and had a much more enjoyable experience. Next time I will just stay at either the Sheraton or Marriott and not risk my life retrieving my car in a parking gargage in the middle of one of the worst neighborhood's in North America ! Astor ... you should be ashamed of yourself !!

• Stayed August 2005
9 Thank toad1212

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

My visit at the New Orleans Crowne Plaza Hotel was wonderful. Although it was a business trip, the food, the service and the people who worked to meet my individual needs were what made my stay unique.

As an early childhood professional I was attending a training conference while at the Crowne Plaza. One person in particular (Lorie Reine) worked to assist me with my checking in, computer needs, suggestions and recommendations and she had a sincere desire to help.

The evenings in New Orleans provided a magical touch to my stay. With the culture of the city, the friendliness of the people, and the jazz music on Bourbon Street, I was always glad to have a comfortable bed at night. Because I travel 75% of the time with my job, I am very conscious of the comfort of the room and the people who work at the hotel and I found them far superior to many hotels that I stay in during my travels. May I say the bed and bedding were far superior to many hotels that I stay in in my travels. This is the kind of bed I would like to have at home. The Crowne Plaza provided that for me.

I found the atmosphere of the hotel and food to be very good while attending the conference. The wait/staff were very good to attend to all needs. In fact, everyone from the doorman to the wait/staff were their to make my stay a good one.

Thank you Crowne Plaza for making my stay such a wonderful experience.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2005

My first visit to New Orleans during the busy Essence Jazz Festival weekend. The Astor Crowne Plaza was excellent the staff was very helpful, giving tour information, serving the room and dealing the needs of their visiting guest. This is a very busy weekend yet the staff was exceptional in providing excellent service. I would stay at Astor Crowne Plaza again and again. Perfectly located on the main corner of Bourbon and Canal the street car is direct outside the main door of the hotel. Jasmine and soft music CD. sleeping mask and ear plugs provide to easy the traveler to sleep. Our room view over looked Bourbon street.

7 Thank 554feliciaa