“Excellent staff in executive club” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans

Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans
Ranked #100 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
ohio
“Excellent staff in executive club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stayed at the ASP on the executive club level. Everyday we had breakfast and evening treats in the executive club. There were two ladies who were in the EC to help and serve drinks, Pamela Green and Denise Rushing. They both were extremely friendly and helpful.

They always greeted us when we entered and had a ready smile. They were extremely friendly and efficient. They made the stay a memorable one.

We stayed here and would stayed again. Great workers.

• 5 of 5 stars
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for your review and your comments regarding our Executive Level Associates. Both Pam and Denise will be thrilled that you took the time to write about them and your experience. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Astor. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to a return visit real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for 10 days at the beginning of May 2011. We
have spent a lot of time travelling all over the world and within the USA.

We could not fault the spaciousness of the room and its cleanliness, the very helpful and friendly staff, and the very large portions of food from Room Service!! The Bourbon Restaurant attached to the hotel was very high class but retained its friendliness. The position of this hotel is ideal for all bars and restaurants. It is only a 10 minute walk down Canal Street to the French Quarter Market, Cafe du Monde and Riverwalk. Fabulous.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. If there was something we could fault, it would be that the AC was too cold in the room, but once we asked for it to be changed it was done within 10 minutes.

Congratulations Astor you get a high 10 from us.

And a big thank you to Peter, Pamela and George for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: The night life noise is not heard inside the hote.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
We'll take the 10! You have paid us the highest compliment that a hotel can receive. Any time we can get an outstanding review from a guest that has spent 10 whole days in our hotel, then we must be doing something right! Thanks for your reassurance that our continual strive for service excellence is being achieved. Rest assured your review will be shared with our entire team and I am confident that they will be just as excited as I was to receive a "10" from our British guests. Your review will go a long way in boosting our moral and to strive for improved performance....Thank you! We hope to see you back at the Astor on your next visit to the States.
Abita Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

The Astor Crowne Plaza- New Orleans has the best priced rooms for its location. Hotel has entrances on the popular and busy Canal Street, as well as the World Famous Bourbon Street. So, if your visit is for the nightlife, this hotel will meet your needs. If your visit is for business within the French Quarter or the CBD (Central Business District) this hotel will as well meet your needs. Being in the center of everything sometimes has its disadvantages (noise, crowd etc.). During my stay at the Crowne Plaza, noise was never an issue, nor was the entrance into the hotel crowded. The only downside I found to its location was the difficulty of using their valet parking services. After sitting in line for approximately 45 minutes, I opted to find a parking garage and walking with my luggage in tow to the hotel.
Before my stay, I contacted the hotel and was directed to the concierge services for assistance in locating a “must visit” restaurant close by the hotel. I was contact through email and phone from Paul, at the concierge desk. Paul was very helpful and knowledgeable. I ended up choosing his selection of the Bourbon House, which is inside the hotel. What a great suggestion it was. I strongly suggest if you plan to visit this hotel for your future stay, contact the concierge desk, as they go out of their way to help meet your needs.
The lobby area of the hotel is nicely decorated and roomy. Checking in was convenient, easy and quick. Every staff member I came into contact with was friendly and helpful. The elevators were quick and the wait for one wasn’t long (as in some larger hotels within the city). The pool and fitness area was nice and easily accessible. My room was on the executive level. The hotel offered quest a complementary drink, hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon and breakfast in the morning. My room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated.
I strongly suggest checking out this hotel during your next visit to New Orleans. As I plan to use the Crowne Plaza for my future personal trips to New Orleans.

• 4 of 5 stars
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
I see this was your first TripAdvisor review...we were honored to be your first! I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Astor. We agree, the location is the "Place to Meet" when it comes to the “Big Easy”...right in the middle of all that is New Orleans. Sorry to hear of your wait at check-in regarding our valet services. Our hotel experiences a high drive-in traffic on the weekends and valet parking on these high demand times can be quite challenging for our guests. Glad you were resourceful and found an alternative and I bet it was even cheaper than our valet fee. Thank you for your comments on Paul, our concierge. He is a true asset for our hotel and he will be pleased to learn he was able to successfully assist with your dining plans.
We wish to thank you for taking the time to share your thought on our hotel and team. Remember, Abita Springs is just a short ride into the city...so come back and see us real soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend last year, and it was great. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, and the rooms were clean. You get a complimentary sleep eye pillow and lavendar spray to help you sleep. Although, the location is great because it's easy to get to the Quarter, as it's on the outside border of it, however, it's not super loud from what's going on outside. I like to sleep, so this was a big plus. We stayed on the executive level and had complimentary drinks each evening before hitting the town, and breakfast each morning. I can't comment on the food because we mostly ate outside of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
What a PERFECT Review! Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our hotel. We agree the hotel has a great location, in fact ...the best! We are delighted you enjoyed our Executive Level accomodations and the Executive club Lounge. Please come back and see us real soon!
Franklinton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

My wife and I had an excellent stay, couldn’t ask for a better location; the side door leads onto Bourbon Street, the streetcars are across the street from the front door, easy 6 block walk to the river/casino and restaurants of all types any direction you walked. My favorite things about the hotel were the outdoor swimming pool that was a quiet cigar area in the evening and the incredible service by all of the staff. I have to give the kudos to Paul the concierge who pointed us to activities and restaurants that we wouldn’t have found otherwise and the gentleman who was always around when we needed something whose picture was on the keycards (Bull?). I would definitely stay here again. If I did have a con, it would be that you couldn’t open the window to listen to the street bands that played between 7 to around 10.

Room Tip: If you are on business, get a higher room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wow, thanks for the great review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our location, our hotel and our team. A special thanks for your comments on both Paul and Bull. They are two valued associates of our team and they we will be thrilled that you mentioned them in your review. Thank you again for taking the time to pen your thoughts and we look forward to a return visit real soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We enjoyed 2 nights at the Astor Crowne Plaza. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel left a nice little sleeping comfort gift on the bed for us containing ear plugs, a sleeping eye mask and a little bottle of lavander spray. This hotel is very centrally located in the French Quarter, walking distance to just about everything in that area including Burbon Street, Harrahs Casino, the river walk, Cafe Du Monde, etc.. The hotel was able to get us booked on a swap tour day trip at the last minute and the recommendations from the staff for dining and entertainment was spot on. My only issue was with the in room coffee maker. It leaked coffee all over the bathroom vanity and on to my personal items. When I addressed this with the front desk, they really did not seem to care. OH - last thing, parking will run you $30 extra per night so be prepared for that.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your visit here at the Astor. We agree our location is one of the best in town! Sorry to hear about your coffee maker. We hope you will accept our apology in this regard. If time permits please email us and advise your room number so we can replace the machine. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back in New Orleans real soon!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Bourbon Street is right outside the door and when you are in town for a meeting and only have a few hours to enjoy New Orleans, what a pleasure it is to be where the action is. My room was clean and nicely decorated, if small. There was minimal noise on the 3rd floor of the Canal Street side except for the trolley and an occasional police siren. I enjoyed my brief stay. My only two complaints are minor: 1) the front desk staff was friendly but not very knowledgeable-- when I casually asked how old the hotel was, the young lady checking me in gave me a blank stare and an "I have no idea-- old?" Perhaps management could offer their staff a brief history of the hotel during their training? Or maybe this is just the way things are in New Orleans, as I had this same experience --the blank stare in response to a question-- from a waiter in a local restaurant as well. 2) I must have been staying in an older section of the hotel and was not given very good directions on how to find my room initially. There are several levels of floor 3-- a 3 and a 3M. I wandered the halls on the wrong 3 trying to find my room after a long trip in. But overall, a very pleasant hotel in a fantastic location.

• 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. Good suggestion regarding the history of the hotel. I have shared this with our HR Director and we will add the hotel’s history to our future new, associate orientations...thank you! Regarding the answer, it sounds like you were in the Alexa Wing of the hotel. This is the historic section of the hotel and this wing dates back to the early 1900's. It is 4 separate building combined into one that offers the true old world charm of New Orleans. The main tower is a new construction that opened in 2002. The two building were 2 separate hotels in 2002 and then became one hotel in July 2005. Some of the rooms in the Alexa are small and some are quite large. I wish to apologize for the lack of direction to your room. The Alexa wing can be difficult regarding room location. We have tried our best with signage, but perhaps further review is required. We hope you will return to the Astor on your next visit and thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestions.