Le Richelieu in the French Quarter
Preferred Hotels
$240
$229
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$630
$208
$299
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$286
$247
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$259
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$393
$369
  • Bar/Lounge
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$240
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
1,282 results
All reviewspaul mccartneyfrench quarterfrenchman streetquiet endjackson squarewalk in closetquiet sectionceiling fanprivate balconyold world charman older hotelsecure parkingcharming hotelbourbon stfrench doorsself parkingwithin walking distance
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked this Hotel as we wanted to stay in the French Quarter and the driving instructions to get there were bang on, which is always a help if you are somewhere new.
After check in we drove around the back and parked the car in their secure car park.( $20 per night ) , We booked in for three nights and had a really nice room with a street view. We had done our homework with the location and because of this we walked everywhere (so the rental car had a rest) . Good Hotel choice for us in a really good location near areas we wanted to see and visit. The hotel staff were great as well.
p.s A bulb blew in the ceiling lights so we reported it to our chambermaid. Within 10 mins the maintenance man was there and the light was replaced. !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bevbru1
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My first trip to New Orleans, my best friend and I stayed here. It was incredible affordable and nestled right in between the Bourbon St near the French Quarter. Just a few blocks walk and the debauchery and exuberance is in full force. Just a few blocks in the other direction to Frenchman St and you find a rich scene with amazing street and club performers serenading you with jazz and blues. The hotel was very clean, the pool was nice, and it was a peaceful escape to get some rest after all the partying.

I will definitely stay here again, and recommend it to anyone on a budget (or not)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dianah R
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great hotel very close to French Market. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Close walking distance to Bourbon Street most other attractions. Nice front desk staff that had no problem printing out my flight boarding passes before I left. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tntawney
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When i was unable to secure a reservation at my favorite hotels in the French Quarter we were ready to cancel our trip. Then I found this little boutique hotel and we were so pleased. We found it convenient to a section that we had never explored. It was close to the French Market and Jackson Sq.
We will be staying here on our next visit!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tobycosta
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Reading the review of competing travellers, I am baffled. Are we talking about the same place?

My first-floor room is 2.5m wide and 8m long, or something like that. The end of the room has heavy-curtained double doors to the balcony. Seemingly romantic, but the layers of curtains filter out almost all of the light that would otherwise enter the room---were it not that the windows are tiny.

So it's dark. And not too hot, fortunately: the airco is noisy, but then what would one expect from a machine which is definitely in its adult age, if not older. Its fan cannot be switched off, so jamming it with a coat hanger is the only way out---fortunately, that does not overheat the motor, so all is fine.

The balcony, which runs along the whole side of the hotel is shared with neighbours. Fine. Being nude in my room has them in for a surprise as they patrol in front of my room---apparently the curtains are not _that_ thick. I don't mind.

The bathroom is shabby, the amenities are good; I like a good bar of soap, and that is provided here.

A nuisance is the very, very poor internet. Reception is fine, but the throughput must be measured in bytes/s rather than kb/s.

The staff is unfriendly, correction: not friendly. Why am I paying over $150 per night in this place? But I realise there are worse rooms: when on the ground floor, it must be noisy with pedestrians and cars.

The location is good, at the far end of the french quarter, with a good breakfast place around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business