“Loud location, stay somewhere else.”

SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #112 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here for a wedding. I went to my room about 11pm and couldn't fall asleep til 4am when the blaring night club music finally stopped. The walls were literally rattling and people were yelling outside. I don't care how comfortable the beds are, or how clean it is, or how friendly the staff are. You can't stay somewhere you can't sleep. I've stayed in New Orleans before on St. Charles street and did not have this problem.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank ArtsyMommy
Brenda H, Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

I definitely understand your concern about the outside noise. One part of our hotel does face a nightclub, which can at times be noisy. I am very sorry that you experienced this at our property. Although the problem is not solved yet for this section of hte hotel, we are currently working to ensure that the clubs in our area are in compliance with the noise ordinance. We also have white noise machines and earplugs available to all of our guests upon request. Again, I sincerely apologize that experienced this problem.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have to say that our experience at Springhill Suites in downtown New Orleans was stellar. We were unfortunate enough to get caught in the ice storm on I-10 and had reservations at another downtown hotel we could not make it to on the first night of a 3-night reservation. When we finally did arrive in Nola after 28 hours on the road, we were told that our room was given away and they were booked....offering absolutely NO help in the situation. That's where Springhill comes in--offering us last minute accommodations and an empathetic ear to our situation. We were particularly impressed with the front desk staff, both upon check in and check out...so helpful and friendly! The rooms were comfortable and very convenient to downtown bars & restaurants. We travel quite a bit for work and stay in lots of hotels along the way--and our experience with Springhill Suites was one of the best in recent memory. Highly recommended! Sharon C

1  Thank Sharon C
Rodney D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for the positive reponse. We reallize that sometimes situations happen and our valued guest travel plans change. I'm really glad that we were able to be your home away form home and my staff was able to make this an enjoyable stay. We look foward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel was listed on NADA's website as a hotel to stay for the convention. It is very conveniently located, only two blocks away from the convention center. The hotel is located in a converted warehouse and the lobby has really nice character and charm. The décor is done in an aqua color scheme and it's bright and cheery.

It's located about 15 minutes walk from the French Quarter and represents a good value with free WI-FI and breakfast.

During the convention the rooms were $230, a bit steep for a Springhill Suites, but that's the norm when a convention is in town. After the convention we were able to get the rate reduced to $129 which was a fair rate.

The rooms were a bit small, but clean and comfortable. I would certainly stay here again.

1  Thank Bouloys

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you were able to mix a little fun with your business travel and get to stay an additional night to explore our wonderful city.

I bet you didn’t know that our building is an historical building that was first built back in the early 1800's. The current structure was opened back in October of 2001 as a hotel. They used all of the old bricks, windows and also some of the old support beams. Back in the 1800's it served as a warehouse where sugar cane was stored prior to it being processed into sugar. So I guess you kind of got a sweet deal on you last night.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

First the good. If your staying for an event at the convention center it is only 2 blocks away which was nice. That is where the positive ends.

Our room like most here are bording the street and wow can you hear all the traffic and at night partying, yelling, loud music ect. It feels like your trying to sleep in the street. The room it self makes no sense. It is totally laid out wrong with the closet right at the frong of the bed so you have to squeeze to get in. There are NO drawers for putting your clothes away. The first day we were there the maid service was not completed until 4pm and then only because we called and complained. A friend traveling with us said his never did get done all day.
The room just felt dirty, our sheets had a stain of some sort that was unsightly. Also the water in the entire building was out for 2 hours on our first day and the next morning went out again for several hours.

The breakfast offered was very poor. bread left out so it is dry and stale. Also they closed earlier than posted times and didnt seem to care. I dont want to be so negative but this is one of the worst places I have ever stayed at.

We had enough and checked out and stayed at the Mariott around the corner and felt like we were in bliss. Pay the extra $100 per night and stay at a true Mariott it is well worth it!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
2  Thank jonathan n
Brenda H, Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. Unfortunately part of our hotel is across the street from nightclubs, which does cause a sound issue during the weekend. While we could not move your room due to being sold out, we do have complimentary earplugs and a white noise machine available to our guests on nights when noise from surrounding buildings is an issue. Since your stay with us we have bought a machine that tracks the level of the noise to ensure that the surrounding clubs are within the noise ordinance for the City of New Orleans. I apologize if the layout of the room was unsatisfactory to you. The stains on your sheets are a huge issue. We are working in the laundry to ensure all linen that goes up is stain-free and we are including linen checks on our inspections of the rooms. I am so sorry that you had this issue. Our housekeepers are available to service the rooms from 9am-5:30pm during the weekend, and therefore if you are at the end of the list of rooms they clean for the day, your room will be cleaned during the later hours. We always honor requests for earlier service when they are made. Unfortunately, the water outage was a problem with a main in the city's water supply, and we were not informed that the water would be down. I understand that this greatly hindered your experience at our hotel, but I assure you that all of the plumbing is properly functioning in the hotel itself. All in all I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel, and I ensure you that we have addressed all of the issues you experienced.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Location was convenient to the Convention Center, streetcar stop, 10 min walk to Canal St. Hotel garage parking was full the first night so the staff directed us to a lot across the street. We had no choice, but we were a bit worried about the safety of our vehicle. The second night parking was available at the secure hotel garage. Check in was quick and easy. Room was clean, however we did not have shampoo or a bath mat. We didn't really need them, but it shows a lack of attention to detail. The breakfast was fine except very crowded. Staff were helpful.
Only major drawback is the noise from the bar/club across the street. Music that hurt my ears, then loud talking, yelling, laughing, I think when the bars closed. It was a Saturday night. Ithink people were hanging out right outside our window. The noise went on until very early in the morning, so I did not sleep well. We were on the second floor on the St Peters Street side.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rebecca H
Brenda H, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Hello Ms. Rebecca,

I just wanted to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us here at the SpringHill Suites. It is guest like you that help us to get better every day. I would like to apologize to you for the lack of detail that our inspector showed by not having shampoo in your room. This is not acceptable and have been addressed. Unfortunately in New Orleans on the weekend it gets a little noisy. There is always a concert or a party. We have in the past addressed this with the city to no avail. If you are ever back in New Orleans ask for me by name and we will make sure that your room is away from the noise.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently traveled for business to this hotel and it was a positive experience. The staff was some of the friendliest I have ever had on a trip. The location close to the Convention Center was great, but the Convention Center is very big, so it is still a walk to some of the places in the Center. It was a safe environment and all the service was great. There is a free breakfast and it includes hot selections. The breakfast was busy but the staff kept up the stocked selections. I especially loved how clean everything was in the entire hotel. My only thought is that the walls could be a little more soundproof, but the next room was not to noisy. The staff was quick to recommend places to eat and things to do which was great too. I will not hesitate to book at a Springhill Suite again, especially this one!

Room Tip: It is a large hotel and has rooms in two buildings. I think the most convenient and easy accessible...
1  Thank dfoxsk
Brenda H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Just wanted to take a minute to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to take care of all of our guest. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to have you back again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Clean hotel - exactly as you would expect from a Marriott brand. Front desk and breakfast room staff could have been friendlier. Front desk greeting was non-existent. Breakfast room was so packed it was absolute chaos. Got there 2min late and breakfast lady wouldn't let me get in line and to say she wasn't nice about it would be an understatement. (I was late because I allowed the housekeeping lady on our floor to take my elevator and waiting 5min for the next one - that's what you get for being nice huh? ) Luckily for this place the price is right and the location is great. Warning though - the parking garage is very small - good luck finding somewhere else around there to park if you're not one of the lucky ones that gets a parking pass - luckily we didn't have to worry about that! :)

Would stay again due to price and cleanliness.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyndi R

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience while staying in our hotel. It is never acceptable for any guest not to be greeted. This is a training issue and it will be addressed immediately. Unfortunately when we have big groups in and everyone decides to come down to eat at the same time it can get pretty congested. The breakfast hours end at 9:00am on the weekdays and 10:00am on the weekends. We keep it open 15minutes past and we usually do not have lines except for the waffles. I do apologize for your inconvenience and will address your challenges with the breakfast attendant. If you are ever in this area again and have any challenges please ask for a manager and we will make sure you are taken care of..