“Excellent hotel!”

Royal St Charles Hotel
Ranked #60 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived to the holt and got up to our room we didn't have any bath towels. So, I went to the front desk to see if we could get some towels. Instead of giving id towels, the front desk lady changed and upgraded our room! Score! She didn't even think twice about it and took care of us. This hotel is minutes from bourbon street and the French district and the trolley street car stops right outside the hotel doors. There's no free breakfast but PJs has some tasty coffee. Big downside, parking is either $32 a night (valet) or $16 a night (self park). There's also a $10 a night "fee" of some sort tacked on as well. We paid about $90 for two nights of parking. I totally recommend this place for a few nights in New Orleans.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jafarmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Looks just like the pictures online. Very clean! Great location. In the middle of everything!! Friendly staff and the valet was great about telling us about self parking that is half the price of parking at the hotel. You do not need your car if yoy are just visiting the French district :)

2 Thank TheChipperCupcake
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing among many things. .once I arrived they greeted me right away with first class service and gave me my room right away. It was pouring down raining on the day that I visited and they gave me an umbrella that saved my new hair doo and life. .I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend others to do so. .Great hotel and i really enjoyed my stay. . 5 star quality. .

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank medicalcenter13
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We spent one night here and were amazed at the cleanliness and modern features of the hotel. Yes the rooms were small but they were completely updated and the hotel inside and out was spotless despite its surroundings. The staff was very friendly and accommodating as well.

1 Thank Candjbell
Liberty Hill, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Really good location, right on the trolley. 2 blks from the French Quarter. Easy check in, although there was a value added tax to our room of $9.95 and park was a little high at $32 per night. I would stay there again.

Tampa, FL
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I recently stayed at Royal St. Charles from 07/03-07/07 and I enjoyed every minute of my experience. The front desk staff was always pleasant and greeted me each day upon arrival and departure. My room (#409) was perfect. It was a comfortable size, clean and had a view that overlooked Gravier street. The location was great and the price per night was competitive. At night, the hotel had a make shift bar which was a nice addition to the vibrant atmosphere. I will definitely return in the future.. Thanks to the staff for making my visit so enjoyable!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window facing Gravier Street. I did not hear the Trolley at all.