“February Couple's Weekend”

Royal St Charles Hotel
Ranked #65 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Be aware, there is a $10 fee per night added to the bill. Our room was $150+$10 per night.

Front desk: we had minimal interaction with the staff but Amanda was very friendly. The rest of the staff greeted us as we walked past. There was always someone at the desk, which was reassuring.

Our room was small and had a window that would fog up on the inside, which was a little weird. We were expecting a small room so we weren't surprised or upset.. it looked exactly like the rooms in the pictures. There was a large shelf under the mirror in the bathroom but it got wet if you showered with the door closed.

We could hear some girls next door at some points but our floor was very quiet during sleep hours.

We needed a late check out (noon instead of 11) and had no problems with that.

We didn't have a car so I can't speak about the parking situation. Airport shuttle was $76 total for both trips.

The location was great. We were able to walk to Bourbon Street, the river walk (there's an aquarium over there), and the New Orleans Arena.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The room was small but clean, the bed was very comfortable, quiet location but close to the action. Great value and very friendly and helpful staff. My only complaint would be the lack of water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We chose this hotel because of the convenient location and affordable price. The room was small, but very comfortable, clean, and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fishing_photographer
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I guess maybe we lucked out coming in on a weeknight, but our room was awesome and we booked it only a few hours before arriving.

We took the Priceline deal as we were driving in town from Houston. For only $44, we weren't exactly sure what we were in for. I was more than pleasantly surprised. The woman at the front desk was very nice and assigned us to room 901, which had 2 double beds. The room itself was medium-small in size but the bathroom was huge. The decor and linens looked brand new.

The lobby was also impressive and a cafe area was directly attached to it. We decided to self park and found a spot on the street just down the block.

If I were forced to find something to complain about, I'd say a shelf or something in the bathroom for some toiletries would have been nice, there was nowhere to even leave a toothbrush. Also, our room was closest to the elevator area and there was a speaker playing music which I could hear in the room when I was trying to sleep. No deal-breakers though.

Overall, we found it to be an amazing value for our last minute trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZeroOrchestra
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week in December. The room was small but had a balcony... a nice feature in New Orleans except that it overlooked a busy street with lots of noise at all times of day. I don't know which was worse: the garbage truck coming round emptying dumpsters at 2A on Sunday morning or the loud pressure washing of the sidewalk and exterior at 7A on a weekday.

The staff was friendly, but often distracted. Many appeared to be young people or others who had just begun working in the hotel industry. I did not experience the level of professionalism I've been accustomed to when visiting in New Orleans. The request for a cab to be ready to pick me for an early morning was delayed because the doorman was somewhere else in the building. He had made no arrangements and seemed irritated to be called upon to take care of a request made the evening before. The concierge was also distracted and disinterested when I requested a map and brochure from her. I've never encountered anyone in that sort of job behave as if I were bothering her.

The computer available for guests to use is in the lobby. I used it one time and later found my email account had been hacked. Be careful using this community computer since it may appear one has signed out when that is not the case.

The location in the Central Business District allows for easy access to various neighborhoods. There is a streetcar stop on the street next to the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed January 6, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This place was not like the pictures at all. There was NO window in my room and the room was the size of a large elevator. In addition to the poor quality décor and the size of the room, the TV did not work. I called the front desk to ask for help, they said they didn't care. The door t my room rattled violently every time a person in a neighboring room used there door. There was tons of noise and yelling at night when I attempted to sleep.

Room Tip: I would stay in the Roosevelt next time in the area.