1,522 results
All reviews common street bourbon street french quarter concierge lounge corner room marriott properties lobby bar canal st hotel restaurant two blocks large bathroom front desk staff valet parking per day club level king room enjoyed my stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here prob 10 years ago and it was loving. This time not so much ... the room is very plain and looks totally cheap , the bathroom door handle fell off in our hand. And after coming back from an evening out .. no hot water! I would not recommend this hotel. I will say we ate at the tackle box restaurant twice and it was good.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear lindsay04132018,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your concerns. We are disappointed to read about the frustrations you endured and we regret that you experienced difficulties with your room and the water temperature.

We understand maintenance issues can put a damper on a visit and we apologize this was is what you remember from your visit.

We agree there are areas starting to show their age and we have shared your feedback with the appropriate individuals as we are planning for the future.

It is our hope you will reconsider and stay with us again to experience our hotel as you should have on this visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Concierge was great with restaurant recommendations and booking excursions. Room was very private and comfortable with a nice view over the French Quarter. We were one block to the trolley cars and only 2 or 3 blocks from the beginning of Bourbon Street and Canal.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Clmustang,

Thank you for making the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel a part of your getaway. We are delighted to read how impressed you were with the service of our concierge, well-appointed rooms and excellent location. It was a pleasure to have you, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

My husband and I stayed here in February 2019, during the earlier part of carnival season (Mardi Gras). Problems started at check in; we booked a King room, and were told that our room was the last one. When we arrived, it was clearly one queen bed, and the space was a little cramped, especially for staying there 6 nights. We soon discovered that the thermostat had problems; it was set to 60 degrees but was nowhere near 60 in the room. If it had actually been really hot out, that probably would have been a problem. We took the slow, cramped elevator down and went out for the night. We returned about midnight to go to sleep, and came back to discover that we were on the same floor as a HUGE group of what appeared to be high school students. I didn't ever see a chaperone so I assume they were in college (a few had Texas A&T shirts on), but they were acting so immature it was like they had never been away from their parents before. I can't imagine that they were over 21. They took up the entire floor, apart from us. WHY would anyone put a couple in their 30's on this floor?! Shouldn't the person who checked us in have said something to us?

The kids drunkenly screamed and ran around the hallway all night, probably til 3 or 4am. One guy tried repeatedly to get into our hotel room (he was so drunk he didn't know which room was his). After the second round of yelling in the halls, I called the front desk. They said they would send someone up. It never really stopped though, I was woken up off and on all night. I talked to someone at the front desk and they assured me that if it continued, they would be asked to leave. That did not happen. For three nights, I continued calling down at all hours of the night because of the drunk, screaming kids. No one ever did anything or offer to move us to another room. And then we were treated to a maid pounding on our door at 8:30am wanting to clean the room. WHY would they try to start cleaning occupied rooms at that hour??

Compounding the problem, the windows on the hotel are old and poor; I could hear street conversation (that I don't think was particularly loud) four floors up.

On the fourth day of our stay I talked to someone at the front desk again to ask if the group of kids was checking out that day, and they were. I was offered 30,000 "Bonvoy" points for the trouble. I had no idea what bonvoy was, apart from a terrible marketing gimmick taking two french words, turning it into one word, and shortening it. I gave her my info, but never got an email to set up an account. A few hours after returning home, I tried to set an account but needed an access number to do so. I called the hotel and was told that they could not help me because I had already checked out. I spent the next hour dealing with horrible Marriot customer service and could not get an answer. Calling the hotel back, I asked to speak to a manger, and she rectified the problem in about 5 minutes. After finally logging in, I discovered that those points amount to barely a night's stay. Are you kidding me? This place subjected us to three nights of very poor sleep, didn't apologize, and offered us *maybe* a one night stay equivalent. Ridiculous.

The good: the doorman/concierge was very nice, friendly, and helpful - I wish I remembered his name. The location is also good.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MimiBellini
TeamMarriott, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Dear MimiBellini,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. We would like to discuss your experience with you in more detail. Please contact us at your convenience so we may assist you further.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Excellent location - too far for the noise to reach but well within walking distance to the streetcars, restaurants and French Quarter. VIP pantry was nice - although could use change in selection of snacks every other days to keep it appealing. The fridge of various drinks is great. And please, choose a better choice of coffee bean. Free coffee shouldn't be bad coffee. Room was comfortable - and the pillows really induce 10+ hrs of sleep (love it). Given that streetcars require exact change which often includes quarters....please have the front desk have a daily $100 change in single bills & quarters. Little things go a long way. Very friendly front desk & bell captain staff.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Locloan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed our great location and attentive service. We value your suggestions and have taken a note of it. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Located off Canal Street near the French Quarter. Staff is outstanding, room a little small but adequate and near several good restaurants. We really enjoyed the old graciousness if the building however the location is very busy with lots of noise

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel. We are happy our great staff and location were convenient for your visit to all the many attractions of the French Quarter - world-famous for Jazz, Bourbon Street, Canal Street, and Jackson Square. We hope we will be the first hotel you think of on future trips to the area.