Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness center
  • Bar/Lounge
1,381 results
All reviewsbourbon streetfrench quartercommon streetcorner roommarriott propertiesthe concierge loungelobby barcanal sttwo blockshotel restaurantfront desk staffsmall roomvalet parkingper dayking roomupon checkstreet cars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Check in was challenging. After three attempts, I was able to get into a room. The front desk staff were great with the exception of the night security person. Someone was having a party in the room next door a little past midnight. I called the desk to ask if they could ask them to be quiet. I called three different times during a duration of 45 minutes. I finally went down to report it and she called the security person who FINALLY went up to ask the occupants in the room to be quiet. I think it is a good location and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed at the Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel from April 14-18, paying $100/night ($20 food/beverage credit included) for the first 3 nights and using points for the last night. I've stayed at a Renaissance before in Chicago, so I was expecting a little bit more. The Pere Marquette lobby was much smaller than the one in Chciago, but overall, it had the same feel. The hotel was just across Canal Street from the French Quarter and was a block or two from the St. Charles street car. We were on a 9th floor corner room. Although we didn't have the greatest of view, the room was pretty large. Their concierge floor was consistent with other Renaissances. I'd stay here again for the same deal.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2009

This is a great stay! Granted, I did not have to worry about the cost considering that my company was paying for it. However, I would definitely return to the hotel and stay on a leisure trip. The staff was very acccomodating and the rooms were spacious and big. The only "nit" that I had was that it took the bellhop quite a long time to bring up the internet ether cable so that I could work on my laptop. The food at the hotel was also excellent!

Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We loved most things about this hotel, which is in the 1920s Pere Marquette building in the CBD. It's a historic building, but the design has that sleek, hip feel that Renaissance seems to be striving for. We liked being in these surroundings, and we liked the people who work here.

ROOMS: They were a bit small, but perfectly nice and featuring local art. The beds are great, and so is the shower. You'll get all the usual in-room amenities. The only odd thing to report was the in-room coffee. You can make two cups, one regular and one decaf. We would have each liked a cup of coffee with caffeine -- didn't really understand why they couldn't leave enough for both of us to get what we wanted.

SERVICE: Everyone on the staff was universally friendly, from the check-in to Starbucks to the valet. The service itself was hit or miss. On the negative side, we asked for a bottle opener that never arrived. On the positive side, we spoke to a bartender who took the time to determine our tastes and then recommend new drinks that we might otherwise never have thought of. On the negative, our bags never quite made it downstairs upon checkout (our request apparently never made it to the bellhop; should have found him myself). On the positive, we were given $15 in free Starbucks coupons (treated like cash) just for being Marriott Rewards Silver Elite. And the staff at MiLA Restaurant was also fantastic.

OOOOOH THAT SMELL: Other reviewers have commented on the scent of the lobby. I didn't notice the smell more than once, and only when my girlfriend commented on it. But she noticed it whenever we were near the hotel's main entrance -- nice scent, but overpowering to her. Not a big deal, unless you're sensitive to it and spending a lot of time at the registration desk.

RESTAURANT (MiLA) -- I'm going to write a separate review on this fine restaurant. I am always split between wanting to see more of the city and spending at least some time in the hotel that I've paid to be at. In this case, I read the reviews about MiLA and decided this would be a great place to eat a nice dinner. We were not disappointed. Our table tried several things on the menu, including dessert. Each of us had our favorites, but we all agreed that MiLA was one of our better meals in awhile.

VALUE: We actually used points to pay for the room, but the actual cost would've been $119 a night. I've seen it available for $99/night, as well. For a hotel of this caliber, that's a bargain.

NOISE: I didn't hear any noise from the other rooms, nor did we hear any noise from the street. But drunk hotel guests coming back to their rooms at 3, 4 and 5 in the morning were no treat. Is it that hard to keep your voices down in the hall? I think sober people know that, because returning guests got louder as the night wore on. We can only hope that maid service returned the favor and woke up these loud guests early! :-)

INTERNET: You can print your boarding passes in the lobby if you're flying out. That's convenient. In-room access is free if you're a Marriott Rewards member with Elite status. I think it's $12.95 otherwise.

PARKING: Standard valet parking is $28/day, a common price in New Orleans.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank GoingEverywhere
Reviewed April 4, 2009

I stayed at Pere Marquette for 5 days, and the stay was perfect. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to the French Quarter as well as many resturants, and shopping. The hotel was very clean and the staff was awsome. I was able to get the cities free wifi in my room so I never had to buy from the hotel that was also a plus. A Starbucks located right in the hotel was great even tho the hotel offers free in room coffee and teas. I plan on visiting New Orleans again, will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends