“5 great Days at the Pere Marquette with only 1 downside” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel

Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
Ranked #56 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
New Hampshire
“5 great Days at the Pere Marquette with only 1 downside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was my second stay at the Pere Marquette in NOLA. The first was a mixed bag but the trip that I completed recently was almost an entirely great experience.

The staff at the Pere Marquette was absolutely great without exception. My plane was delayed in Atlanta and the front desk made sure that the person I was meeting was given the message. Once, I approached the front door and TWO staff members opened the double doors. This made me smile.

The room was spacious, the bed extremely comfortable. It was located away from the construction on Common St. and was a peaceful refuge from the demands of walking around the city.

My only problem was the advertised 'Free WiFi'. This exists only at one table in the lobby which provides four computers for guest use. That would have worked by the WiFi connection was unreliable and I had to re-do mailings and reservations more often than not. It is puzzling to me that I can get WiFi on a bus but not in a four-star hotel without paying $13 a day. The hotel should figure out another way to increase the income stream as this, for me, was an unacceptable aggravation. The days of paying for WiFi are gone unless you are taking a cruise. I hope the hotel fixes this. Or at least make the WiFi in the lobby actually work.

The location of the hotel is perfect, the room was in all respects great. The staff could not have done a better job. If you can accept the WiFi as it exists then go for it.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel away from Common St. construction (8/14).
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JKiteNewHampshire
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from the caring service to the serene room environment. We hope you were also able to enjoy the intriguing cultural destinations and foodie hot spots near our downtown hotel, such as as the French Quarter’s famous Napoleon House and the historic streetcars. Thank you for your feedback about the in-room WIFI charge and please accept our deepest apologies that it was not made clear to you before your arrival that there is a fee for in-room WIFI at Renaissance Hotels. Should your travels ever bring you back to New Orleans, we would be thrilled to welcome you back to the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights - a weekend getaway with my husband. Cab from the airport was $33 for 2 people - not bad. No need to rent a car - everything is within walking distance. Close enough to Canal St and the French Quarter - but far enough away to avoid the chaos. Our room was great - spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom was huge (wasted space?), but the shower was small - could hardly shave my legs! I wish I had read some of the reviews prior to arriving regarding the construction in the building across the street - would have requested a room on the other side. Not the hotel's fault, but if you plan on sleeping past 7:30 or 8:00 (including Sunday) request to be on the opposite side of the building. Staff at check-in was friendly as was the coffee bar attendant. We asked for a late check-out and it was granted at no extra charge - but we were running late at lunch and I called to advise we would be a little later than expected - "no problem at all" was the response. BUT - when we returned to have our key re-programmed we were advised that if we didn't vacate the room by 2:00 (it was 1:53) we would be charged a fee. We made it out in time - with just a minute to spare, but they should get the stories straight.
Didn't see the pool or other facilities, but overall enjoyed the hotel and would return if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Diepro,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Renaissance Pere Marquette. We're delighted that you enjoyed our convenient location right next to the French Quarter, which is great for our guests who wish to experience Bourbon Street, find the newest foodie destinations in the Warehouse District, or attend a football game at the Superdome. Our sincerest apologies about the confusion during your checkout and we will certainly use your feedback to see how we can deliver an even better experience to our future guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Clean comfortable room but their service was the star. Took my daughter to New Orleans for her 21st birthday. The staff here was fantastic. Katie and the front desk staff had a bottle of wine, fruit and desert delivered to our room with Happy Birthday wishes for my daughter. The Bell hop service (Bryan & Chris) were extremely helpful in assisting us with direction to everything from tour busses to answering questions about the area and services. The MIla restaurant staff, Kelsey, and several others, provided excellent service ensuring that our breakfast came quickly to ensure that we done before our tour bus arrived for our pick-up and Allen, the bartender at the Mila bar, made my daughters birthday a memorable one by buying her one of her first birthday libations. I can not remember all of the names but suffice to say that the folks at the New Orleans Pere Marquette made my whole family feel that they were truly concerned about making our stay as enjoyable as possible. My hat is off to them all. Have not seen service like that in a very long time. Thank you to the staff of the Pere Marquette.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Larry,

Thank you so much for telling us about your experience at the Pere Marquette! It was so nice to hear about the wonderful service you received from Katie, Bryan, Chris, Kelsey, Allen and the rest of our front desk and MiLa navigators. We are very proud of the service we provide and we're delighted that it really made your daughter's 21st birthday extra special. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit to New Orleans.
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Everyone that we have encountered at this hotel has been nothing but accommodating. The room was nice and clean.

The hotel is about 2-3 blocks from the French Quarter and close to everything. I like the fact, that we were pretty centralized but did not have to deal with all the action going on. Parking could get expensive, but after 6pm you can park on the street until 8am, there is a parking structure about 2 blocks down that has an early bird special for $8.00 in by 8am and out by 8pm.

I would def. recommend this hotel to anyone that is planning to visit New Orleans! you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Im not sure you how long the construction across the hotel will be, but ask for a room away from com...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Anna,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We're pleased to hear that you would recommend us to anyone visiting New Orleans. We couldn't agree more about our central location- it's great to have easy access to Bourbon Street, the Superdome, and other major New Orleans downtown destinations while our guests can enjoy a peaceful room. It would be our pleasure to host you again on your future visits to New Orleans.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a marvelous time. The staff was great! For the first time ever have I found the house keeping attentive to the coffee. They put xtra cream and sugar in the box. Valet was superb. I would most definitely stay there again. Very clean and smells fresh when you walk in.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Colleen,

Happy belated anniversary! We're so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time at the Pere Marquette, with attentive, efficient service and a spotless atmosphere. We hope to see you again soon!
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed at the Pere Marquette for three nights while attending a conference nearby. As a former resident of Nola, this was my first time staying at this hotel but I had heard many good things about it. Despite its location in a historic building, the hotel is very modern in decor and offerings. I found that the lobby was laid out a bit odd - when you enter, a small check in desk on the right and MiLa (restaurant) and concierge on the left. Its a good use of the limited space, but feels a little tight when compared to a more traditional Marriott lobby. The elevator bank is straight ahead and around the corner of check in desk the lobby opens up with lots of seating space, lobby bar and sundry shop. The day that I arrived the elevators were having issues, resulting in a 10 minute wait but no further issues after that day.

My room was on the 11th floor overlooking the pool deck of the Roosevelt hotel. The room was in the back of hotel and away from the construction at the front. I did not hear a peep of construction. While walking down the hallway I could hear people talking from inside their room, but inside my own room it was tranquil.

The room was fitted with a king size bed with night stand and each side. Two plug outlets on each side of bed (which is a huge plus!). There was a long work desk along the wall with Internet connection and the tv and a mini fridge under the tv. I could not get the wired Internet to work, but wifi had no issues. Nice decor very modern with a Nola twist.

The bathroom was spacious and modern. Seemingly marble floor and countertops. Lots of counter space around the sink. Plenty of space for two people. Good water pressure and heat in the shower. One quirk in the shower is that the lever that switches between the faucet and shower would randomly release during my shower. Not a major issue, but quirky like I said.

Overall the hotel staff were really friendly. The front desk check in was fast and she explained all of my benefits. I had breakfast in MiLa twice - once the buffet and once the pancakes. The service was attentive and food was really good. The buffet hot options were eggs, bacon, grits and oatmeal. Continental items as well - fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, toast, bagels etc. Gold Elite members get two free appetizers at the MiLa bar in the evenings. The selection is from the regular menu and there were no restrictions! The pork panini was excellent and large enough to be a meal on its own. I also had the coconut shrimp which were just ok.

An overall positive experience with the Pere Marquette. The location is convenient for downtown and French Quarter access. I would consider staying again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Dear rockertsfan007,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette. We're very pleased that you received the first-rate service that we are known for and that you really enjoyed the appetizers for our Elite members- they are delicious! It's also great to hear that you liked your tranquil room with its ample outlets. Thank you for all of your feedback as it will help us further perfect our guests' experience. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit to New Orleans.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at the Renaissance Pere Marquette during the 4th of July weekend to attend the Essence Music Festival, this hotel is VERY NICE!!! Everything was modern, clean and walking distance from French Quarters. I would highly recommend this place I guess the only qualm would be that the rooms were small BUT there were four of us sharing one room.....LOL!!! All in all we had a great time in NOLA!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear GCoop74,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Essence 2014 was an amazing time to be in New Orleans and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed it with us. We couldn't agree more about our perfect location right by Bourbon Street, Harrah's Casino, the French Quarter and the Arts & Warehouse District. We hope to see you for Essence 2015!