Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
Ranked #60 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Tampa, Florida
“Would go back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were greeted with a nice warm smile when we arrived. We arrived about 10 am. They allowed us to leave our luggage and said when we came back they would have them brought up to us which was great. It gave us a chance to explore New Orleans.
When we came back and went to our room it was amazing. Loved the pillows and the bed, It was so comfortable. i even did the white glove check on the pictures and they were dust free. If you are looking for a great place to stay I would recommend this. Look forward to going back. They recommended Daisy Dukes for our first stop and they were our stop every morning and every night before returning to our room. Loved that place

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jonessl4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

If I were staying on my company's credit card, nice hotel. I wasn't. As a result it was an overpriced hotel with no "wow" factor. You can get free wifi in the lobby but not int the rooms - extra $13 per day. If I can get free wifi at a Courtyard a couple blocks away, why should I pay twice the room rate for no wifi? When I asked "why?" I was told it was because they are a "5 star hotel". I guess that means if you are willing to pay twice the room rate you won't mind paying an additional $13 for wifi - WRONG. Never stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SteveSullivan
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great place. Great location. We got a corner room with a great view down the street. Smallish room but new stuff all around. You could tell the room had just been updated. Kind of surpised at the extra cost for internet. Didn't pay it though. I just used the internet on my phone. The room had a small fridge which was a nice touch. Could have used a bathrobe or two. Would definetly stay here again. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Corner room was nice but a bit small. Perfect for two people though.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We checked into this hotel for a long weekend in New Orleans during fall break. Because we arrived before noon, we were surprised that they were able to check us into the room. The check-in experience was good, and we were given some easy directions to find flip flops.

As a Marriott Gold Member, I like to take advantage of my perks, so I was disappointed to learn that the hotel no longer had a concierge lounge. I was more than satisfied with the offerings they gave us in its place. We enjoyed complimentary drinks from the front desk multiple times during our trip, and dined on the bar menu at restaurant both nights we were there. We declined the offer for breakfast and took the points instead.

The room was small, but it was laid out well, so we didn't feel cramped.

The hotel was in a great location. We were just a few short blocks from Bourbon Street and close to multiple streetcar stops. There were always cabs parked in front of the hotel, and we had no issue getting one back to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SAN ANTONIO, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Though my stay was brief, I was very impressed with the cleanliness and updated decor. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. The location offers easy access to restaurants, the casino and other conveniences. The size of the room made up for its view of the drained swimming pool.The one meal I ate in the hotel was a plentiful breakfast delivered by room service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Navarre, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel was outstanding, its architecture, decor, location, and service were great. It is in such a convenient location to Bourbon St, which is perfect. It is in a safe area, plenty of parking, which is rather expensive but considering they use Priceline to fill their vacant rooms was not an issue. Name your own price for a New Orleans trip and hope for this hotel. Their everyday rates are pricey, coupled with pricey parking fees, however if price is irrelevant definitely don't miss this boutique hotel. The only thing I was disappointed in was their outdoor roof top pool, while the entire hotel was impeccable the pool and pool area was rather neglected. After viewing the pictures of the pool I was very excited, once in person ready for a dip, I quickly changed my mind. But I must say that it did not spoil anything as lounging by a pool in the big easy is low on the bucket list.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanne C
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We loved this boutique hotel!! Great location, yummy food and service. Nice rooms. Staff friendly. A winner! Especially loved getting to Marissa and Rashad who served the bar. The gave us locals insight. We want to return.

• Stayed September 2013