“Nice hotel in a great location”

Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
Ranked #62 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Nice hotel in a great location”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is very nice and in a great central location. It is a block off of Canal Blvd. and with in four blocks from Casino and French Quarter. All within walking distance. There are cables cars that run to the river and then into the French Market. Very contemporary lobby and bar area, all on first level. Does have a Starbucks as well in the lobby. There is a very nice restaurant on site (didn't visit this trip because of the kids.) Rooms are updated, despite the outward appearance of the hotel. Parking is valet and the garage is only for valet use, so no need to worry about your vehicle. Just be aware that this will hit you for an extra $38 and some change to park per night. Staff is very accommodating and will do what they can to make sure you are satisfied. There is WI-FI and internet connections in the room, but there again another $15 for use of that per day. Overall a nice experience for a quick weekend trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dmq1010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We got this hotel on Priceline. We checked in late on a Friday night around 11 p.m.. They were able to put us in a corner room with a king bed.

Bed: The mattress was old but the bed was extremely comfortable. a newer mattress would be nice. Our bed was a Murphy bed. The sheets were amazing!!! Cool and Smooth!!

Bathroom: Pretty big for a New Orleans Hotel. It had AVEDA supplies which was cool!!

A/C: This is a big one for me. It blew cold and over us while we slept. I know some people have complained about this, for us, this was a positive. I have been in rooms where the temperature was ok and it felt like it was very hot while we slept.

Check In: The girl was super friendly...it's a New Orleans thing!! the lobby is really cool and lots of great photo Ops if you are inclined.

Overall: Very happy with the hotel. Location was great if you are driving so you don't have to deal with the French Quarter crowd.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Mississippi
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here for 1 night for business and it was great! The lobby was gorgeous and the staff really friendly. Loved the fact that a Starbucks was in the lobby! The rooms were big and the decor was nice. I didn't swim, but I saw the pool and it looked well taken care of. Would definitely recommend this hotel to someone staying in the area!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Modern decor with beautiful glass art. The rooms were clean roomy and had liquid creamer with the coffee. That a must for me. Starbucks in the lobby in the morning is a nice addition. Service was prompt. Elevators were fast and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013
houston
Reviewed June 16, 2013

we booked 3 rooms for a return trip home at the renaissance rooms clean and comfortable nothing special very nice bar and lobby area staff very helpful coffee shop across the street awesome called merchant car hit in parking garage they did not inform us -we noticed when we got car they were very nice about it and hopefully there will be no issues in getting paid for repairs i would stay here again if price is right but again nothing special about the rooms

Room Tip: when you are traveling with children the french quarters is not always were you want to be so this i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mmt50
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The only reason I don't give this hotel an excellent rating is the price of parking. There are other hotels just as nice and just a big that charge less just a block away on Canal Street. I would recommend this stay if you're looking for an upscale/modern hotel. The rooms are generous, the lobby is well decorated and comfortable. I had access to the concierge lounge and the offerings for breakfast and dinner were very nice. I do wish they would change up the breakfast offering each day, it was the same scrambled eggs and bacon each day I was there (two straight weeks).

I stay at either the New Orleans Marriott or the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette every time I'm in town for work (once a quarter). The rooms are larger in the Renaissance, but parking is cheaper in the Marriott. The concierge breakfast is better in the Marriott also but I wouldn't consider it be a reason to not stay at the Rennaissance alone.

Hotel is very clean, rooms are very clean and quiet, the service I received was always top notch and friendly, location is one block the other side of canal from the quarter.

Room Tip: I always get club level rooms because of my status with Marriott. Access to the lounge for breakfas...
CA
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was in New Orleans for a conference and booked the hotel late. This hotel is one of few hotels choices left which made me a little worried. But what a great experience!! Before arrival, I submitted a special request for quiet room. And I was pleasantly surprised to receive a personal response from Natalie the Hospitality Coordinator. She confirmed my request and even attached driving direction for me. When I arrived, my room was very clean and quiet. It is a little small, but I think that is the typical size in the city. I checked out my coworker's room at Windsor Court which is not any bigger. The room has coffee machine and refrig also. The location is great, close to French Quarter but not having all the noises. The lobby looks very nice too. The staff was very friendly, they suggested great restaurants for me and even exchanged exact change for me to take the street car. I could not be happier with my stay and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room