Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
Ranked #68 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hotel was very clean. Area was safe, and there was security nightly at the hotel. Beds were smaller then most hotels. I was very surprised at how small the "double" beds were. Pricey, however it was Mardi Gras, and I did pay the listed price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our room was clean and modern, much better than the previous reviews had indicated, We had room 1703 and it seemed like it had been recently renovated with a nice bathroom. However there was no real view of anything from the room. Great value since we were able to get it using Priceline. Location of the hotel is away from the madness of the French Quarter but close enough to partake in the action easily. Also a good location to go to the parades along St. Charles Street and to catch the streetcars going uptown. The restaurant in the hotel MILA is a world class dining experience and convenient for a rainy night (which seem to be common during this time of year).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant hotel near French quarter. Stayed in the tier which was next to vending and set up for handicapped. Very spacious room. Aveda bath products and soft towels. Marble bath was slippery but clean. Beds comfortable , pillows lumpy but housekeeping fixed.
Room service had the best gumbo and burger ever. Would go back .

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank pillowandfork
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Great staff and service. We had a small room that reminded us of a college dorm room. No big deal though, as we weren't in New Orleans to hang ot in our room. The staff was very friendly and helpful with great ideas for things to see and do.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I visited New Orleans to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday. Staying at the Renaissance made the celebration so delightful. Tyranaisha, Yvette, Jenna, Adrienne and Arnelia (ok maybe I spelled her name wrong), but needless to say they were all so sweet and helpful in providing additional amenities just for my daughters birthday, I felt like it was my birthday. They all get 5 stars from me. The Hotel was pretty modern, the bathroom was nice and the beds were comfortable. The Hotel is walking distance from the French Quarter and the street car. However if you have any problems getting around or organizing your itinerary just see Ms. Yvette she is hands down the NAVIGATOR. Now I must mention I had an issue with housekeeping upon arrival, but this situation was rectified immediately by Ms. Tyra. I suggest they should revamp the housekeeping staff and hire people that appreciate having a job, doing it well and Ms. Tyra would not have to clean up there mess. Maybe it was the staff, because friendly people can make a big difference. Overall it was a GREAT STAY and they will never be forgotten.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here after canceling my previous hotel reservations at the Ritz 2 blocks away by accident online. Love it. Yvette was a great a the front desk. My room was small with 2 double beds and adequate for my business stay under the auspices of work.

Just one block away from canal, cross the street and your smack on Bourbon! I walked 3 blocks to work on Loyola this was the first time ever I did not rent a car in NOLA. Loved it!!

The bartenders are great -- ask for a RAMOS Gin FIZZ! House keeper keep your room tidy and spotless. There is no mini bar. My window faced Common St and was always quiet.

At the end of the day I able to save $100.00 per night on my hotel room.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1206, it is quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dMoniqueRenee
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice hotel, but walls are paper thin. Was able to hear everything going on in the next room and the hall. The lack of a restaurant opened all day is an issue. The lactation is great. Close enough to the French Quarter without the craziness. Walking distance to all of the best attractions.

Stayed: January 2013