Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
Ranked #62 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Once, I was a rock star”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The property is clean and hip, the location is within an easy walk to the action, but the hotel is classy and comfortable AND quiet! It was perfect. The restaurant attached, Mila, is delicious, and the staff of the hotel are professional, courteous, and most importantly, happy. Tacy was fantastic, and she made some outstanding recommendations. There is a fun locals breakfast place within a block of the hotel called Hobnobber's. Try it if you are feeling adventurous. It is the real deal! I have really grown to love the Renaissance brand, and this hotel delivers on every level. Thank you, Frank!

Room Tip: Ask for something high facing the French Quarter
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Used Marriott reward points for this stay so I have little to complain about but I'll review it as if I paid full price. Valet and check in were great. Loved our bellman, AJ. Front desk was so helpful and really helped us with restaurants. The lobby and bar are nice and we enjoyed the Starbucks in the hotel.

Our room was fine and clean. Sheets were crisp, down comforters, and feather pillows. We were block off Canal and just far enough away from the FQ so our nights were quiet. Kids wanted to swim in the pool but it was postage stamp, hot, and croweded with adults. It looked pretty unappealing.

Our first night we arrived in the late afternoon and after some exploring tried to find a kid friendly spot for dinner. The hotel recomended Deanie's and there was a 2hr wait at 9pm. We were tired and cranky so decided to eat at MiLa, the hotel restaurant. While very good it was expensive and not a great place for the kids. They were able to make them some pasta and they were pleasantly surprised by the "Root Beer Float"....not what they expected. I loved my dinner but it was pricey.

The next night we ate at Deanie's and loved it. We went at 6pm....45min wait.....they give you a beeper that goes 1/2 a mile away. Got a drink at Storyville and the kids bowled. Everyone happy!

All in all we like the Reanissance....not sure I'd pay top dollar. The Roosevelt across the street looked amazing....check it out!

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ggans
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel and were overall disappointed. The hotel is nothing special. I've never seen a smaller "pool". The worst part was waking up in the morning with dozens of bug bites. We told the manager and she was very friendly and called in a company to check out the bedding. The company said they found nothing, but I found that hard to believe. I also feel they didn't take the situation serious enough. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank michaela789
Boston
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I added a room here at the Renaissance Pere Marquette, because my first hotel was booked up for the last night of my stay. Was I glad I did! This was my favorite of the three hotels I tried in New Orleans. The lobby was very pleasant and spatious. The staff were friendly and accommodating. My room was fantastic with all the amenities I needed as a business traveler. I enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant, also.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 5, 2011

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The location is perfect, a block west of Canal, a block north of St. Charles. At first the room seemed plain but I really appreciated the super fast elevators, the computer stations just off the lobby, the little refrigerator and the king sized bathrooms. The Pere Marquette is not a high profile hotel but it combined great value and a fine location along with the little extras that make travel fun. It was a great refuge from Jazzfest and the blessed blare of New Orleans nightlife.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
New York City
Reviewed April 26, 2011

The Renaissance was a nice, well kept, modern hotel. Had an issue with the air-conditioning in the room which was handled immediately and when a resolution could not be made I was given another room (without asking). Customer service was excellent! Great Location! Far enough from the action to have peace while in the hotel and close enough to walk to all the action.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed for Mardi Gras and despite all the craziness from the festivities the service was impeccable. Our room was very clean, room service was great and the staff was courteous and kind at every turn. We will stay there again on our next visit!

• Stayed March 2011