“Olde Town Inn New ORleans”
Review of Olde Town Inn

Olde Town Inn
Ranked #68 of 140 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Atlanta
“Olde Town Inn New ORleans”
Reviewed May 30, 2008

Before Katrina changed New ORleans 3 girlfriends and I shared a cozy room at The Olde Towne Inn. We drove from different directions to find a place that put us all at easy. When you feel at home in New Orleans you understand what it means to live in your community, to get to know the place and all its people so that you feel comfortable with even the rough edges. Your perspective is human and you enjoy life! The Old Towne Inn is a safe haven when you love New Orleans.
Best of all the courtyard is complete with grill and blooms, a gathering ground for all the visitors staying under the same umbrella.

• Liked — courtyard and overall atmosphere
  • Disliked — we were in a smaller room with 3 people
  • Stayed July 2004, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
LSU-HOUSTON
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Flat out the worst B&B I have stayed at. Terrible sheets and the carpet was so dirty I did not want to walk around bare footed. Avoid at all cost.

• Liked — NA
  • Disliked — Everything was terrible
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LSU-HOUSTON

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Brooklyn Park, MN
Reviewed November 12, 2006

I read some of the reviews that gave this place 1 star before my GF and I went to New Orleans to visit a friend. I was hesitant and thought it couldn't be that bad. Well I was wrong.

The main reason we stayed there was because it was two blocks from my friend's house. Now I wish I would have opted for the long walk.

On our first night we stayed in a room that was dark and had no ceiling. You read that right... NO CEILING. We could see the botton of the floor boards to the room above us. Well, after we came back rather late on our first night we walked into our room and it sounded like our TV was on full blast. Well, it wasn't our TV, it was the TV in the room above us. I waited for bit hoping the person would go to bed but they didn't. I eventually called the front desk and after about an hour the TV was turned off.

On the second night the same thing happened. This time I would not stand for it so I marched down to the front desk and demanded they do something about this. They promptly went to the room and minutes later the TV was turned off.

Folks, it sounded like the TV was right in our bedroom. I could hear it as clear as day.

So, the next morning I had them move us to a different room at no extra charge. They did this. I was happy... until later that night.

About 2am the next night the drunken, crazy man came home who was in the room next to us. After about a 30 minute drunken rage screaming at the top of his lungs he finally passed out. The walls are PAPER THIN!

So, again I complained. The next time when this drunk came home he was quiet but I could still hear the TV, though this time it was a dull murmur. I could put up with it.

I will never stay at this place again. And in fact I probably won't go to the New Orleans again. The place is just not my style.

Save yourself some grief and get a room at a modern hotel down town. The extra 50-100 bucks a night is worth it in my opinion.

• Liked — It was close to my friend's house.
  • Disliked — Paper thin walls and ceilings.
  • Tips/Secrets — Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shandorf
Xanten, Germany
Reviewed June 20, 2006

I came the second time from Europe to NO for a large medical specialty conference. First time I stayed in one of the very expensive (> 300$) places West of the French Quarter - and missed out on the Southern atmosphere. So decided to get something more special (and less pricy) next time - and the Olde Town Inn was absolutely the right place. Very friendly, very unique, quite a special flair which made the whole stay a much more genuine experience. I loved the courtyard, the flowers everywhere, the excellent shower, all the little things carefully decorated. If the conference is ever to take place in NO again, I'll definitely go tho TOTI again, much more pleasant to stay there as compared to Grand Hyatt, the Mariott etcpp.
I always walked everywhere, took me a very pleasant half an hour or less through the French quarter or along the river bank to the conference center. Taking a cab was recommended to me after dark, but during day time I never felt unsafe (being a single woman). Also, as another practical point, there is a supermarket close by.

Stayed May 2004
1 Thank Ati_13
Reviewed October 17, 2005

My partner and I didn't want to stay in the French Quarter and wanted to explore other neighborhoods during our stay in NO. This place was perfect--the folks at the desk were friendly, and we loved our room--it looked like a room my grannie might have had--the big queen sized old-fashioned bed, a twin in a smaller room (we put all our luggage in that room), a huge bath and shower, and a little dorm room sized fridge, which we kept stocked with beer..

I also enjoyed the courtyard, where we met many of our hotelmates. Breakfast was good--although I wished we had gotten up earlier to partake. It only took us about 20 minutes to walk to the French Q, and lots of local restaurants surrounded us--including a big, pink po' boy shack that made the best oyster po boys.

If you are expecting a chain/generic hotel--this ain't the place for you. But if you want good conversation and a gay or anyone else friendly atmosphere, more of a b&b feel--I highly recommend this place. Definitely off the beaten track and great for folks looking to save a little money. The only throw-back--our taxi drivers always seemed to have trouble finding the place.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 9, 2005

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Olde Town Inn. It is a beautiful hotel and we will definately be staying there again! I recommend it to anyway who visits New Orleans!
Chad and Kandy P.-Monroe, LA

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2005

My fiance and I went to New Orleans two days before the 4th of July before meeting my parents in Fairhope, Alabama for the weekend.

After talking to the manager on the phone I was told we would be in the 'honeymoon suite' with a large jacuzzi tub for two and a beautiful room. Well, when we go there we saw a tub hardely fit for two and a room with dirty carpet, suspicious bed sheets, and noisy surroundings. I must say, we decided to minimize our resting time in order to decrease the exposure to our shady sheets. If you have to stay here and can't get out of it, bring your own linens, it will make for a more sanitary experience.

I would like to add, if you're the "traditional honeymooner" you might find this is not your kind of hotel. In other words, this hotel is more suited for those swingers with a more alternative point of view...I hope I did not offend anyone, but I think most will get the point, this is a gay joint!

I lived in New Orleans for ten years and never heard of this place. I guess I should have known this was not going to be a stellar boarding facility, but I tried.

In contrast, I will say our second half of the weekend in Fairhope Alabama was wonderful. We stayed at the Grand Hotel in a beautiful room with clean sheets and a view of Mobile bay from our room-for the same price as the OLD TOWN DUMP!

DO NOT GO HERE...WHATEVER YOU DO...IT IS BETTER TO NOT GO TO N.O. AT ALL THAN TO STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2004