Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown
$229
$195
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$160
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$123
$119
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$213
$194
$203
$179
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desk staffhotel roomconvenient locationfreewaymotel6walmarttelevisionquartersbeddingnolacruise
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very good value for the money. The building does look kind of run down from the outside but the rooms were impeccable. Nothing to see in the neighborhood, but plenty of shops and it does not feel unsafe or sketchy, plus the I-10 takes you downtown in a matter of minutes. The front desk clerk wasn't really welcoming but for $65 / night / room I couldn't care less.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I'm a little confused by some of the reviews here. Guys, it's a Motel 6. Of COURSE you just got a bar of soap and a ratty towel. Of COURSE the service was not great. It's. A. Motel. 6. It's the cheapest hotel in town because they skimp on the frills and it's in a lousy neighborhood. That's kind of their thing. If you really want to spend $200 a night instead of $50, get a swanky hotel room in the French Quarter.

That being said, my room was large and clean, came with a microwave and a mini-fridge, and had a reasonably comfortable bed. It's right off of I-10, so it's a quick drive to wherever else in New Orleans you need to go. Parking was free. Internet access was free. And there's even a Waffle House nearby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Dan S
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The customer service was TERRIBLE!! The wall ways smelled like a bunch of carpet freshener. But there room was bearable. Late check in which was good. Not to far from Downtown and nothing was stolen so that was a plus! Management SUCKS but if you can look passed the over powering smell of carpet freshener and the area. The stay was great an easy highway access to I-10

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank LadiJaye
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel is in a bad area, far from city and no other hotels around. There seemed to be hookers hanging around and service was very poor. The host didnt even answer my question just stared at me and waited till a found out myself. I asked if I needed a key to go through the lobby to the rooms since I had locked myself out with my husband in the room waiting. The bed was uncomfortable and very old, sheets felt used and other guests didnt make us feel any safer. But if you dont want to spend any more than necessary, this hotel might go.

Room Tip: Check for bugs and bring some desinfection wipes
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank purnukka
Reviewed June 28, 2012

A group of 4 girls (all under 30) chose this hotel for it's cheap price and somewhat close vicinity to the French Quarter. We were slightly taken aback when we had to check in through a glass window. The lobby closes from 7pm - 6am everyday. That's almost half of every single day that guests are not allowed into the lobby, not even from inside the actual hotel itself. It kind of made us worried about our own safety when the staff appeared to be so closed off from potential danger! There is a night security guard, so that helped a little. There are absolutely NO amenities besides a bar of soap and some plastic cups. There's not even a clock in the room! I've stayed in close to hundreds of hotels in my life and I've never had to pay the full price up front. So, we weren't able to split the bill between 4 of us (like I was hoping to do at check out). I don't mind cheap hotels, but this was the cheapest, sketchiest, sleaziest hotel I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends