The Hotel Modern
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
$259
$189
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$151
$117
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
$138
$102
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
1,052 results
All reviewslee circlewwii museumfrench quartergarden districtrooms are smallstreet car lineconvention centertrolley stopcharles streetcarmardi grascanal stbourbon streetfew blocksnolavaletww2keurig
Reviewed February 7, 2014

It was funky & retro...different than what we've stayed at before but in a good way. It's w/in walking distance to a lot of places if you know where to look. I had my IPad & was able to google search places close to the hotel so I highlighted places I wanted to see & walked around. Later that day took the trolley into the French Quarter & checked it out...found some interesting things around the square to see including a lot of original artwork...and the infamous Bourbon Street area. We went there during the day then came back later that night & boy did it come alive! It's worth going to say you've been there, done that then check it off your bucket list...don' t go alone though! We were on the 9th floor & had a great view! The room was very quiet & the bed & pillows were super comfortable & I'm picky! It's a nice hotel & very reasonable.

Room Tip: Get an upper level room, it has a nice view of Lee Circle & all the activity is fun to just watch thru your window.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank skw2717
TheHotelModern, General Manager at The Hotel Modern, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Scarlett and the rest of the team are thrilled to have received your review and learn that you enjoyed staying with us. We would love for you to come back soon and try our restaurant Tivoli & Lee and Bellocq Lounge.

Until then…

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I initially found this hotel from Trip Advisor and so for my first NOLA experience The Hotel Modern did not disappoint! Upon arrival I was greeted with a complimentary punch cocktail and a map of the city. My room was bigger than I had expected from the "small" descriptions and was wondering super cozy. Although not downtown, I walked all over the city without a problem. People were friendly and I found the hotel a wonderful mid point between the Garden District and French Quarter. The hotel restaurant Tivoli & Lee had been recommended for their inventive cocktails and tater-tot special. I met a few friends for dinner and cocktails which was superb. I ordered the short ribs and was the envy of the table. After dinner we enjoyed "cobbler" cocktails and great ambiance at Belloq. I will be back to this city and will definitely stay at The Hotel Modern again!

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you! Thank you! I am glad to learn of your positive experience not only with your hotel stay, but with food at Tivoli & Lee and Cobblers at Bellocq. We truly appreciate you taking the time to let others know what to expect when stepping in to the Hotel Modern. I look forward to you visiting again soon. Please contact us directly next time you plan on visiting New Orleans.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Beautiful from the outside, but horrific on the inside!! No heat in the room in the middle of January and no help from anyone!!! Very difficult to get a room elsewhere since there was a large convention going on. Contacted the Roosevelt (A Waldorf Astoria). They accommodated us immediately!! Did not care that it was pricey, I slept like a baby!! Unless your 18-25, stay elsewhere!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Darlene C
TheHotelModern, General Manager at The Hotel Modern, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Darlene,

I am very sorry to learn that your experience at the Hotel Modern was less than desirable. We are very well aware that our eclectic style hotel might not be the best fit for all travelers and especially for those looking for a traditional style hotel such as the Waldorf-Astoria Roosevelt. As for the lack of heat, it is disappointing that we were not able to accommodate on a timely fashion and overcome the service breakdown.

Should you have any questions or further comments, please contact me directly at 504 962 0903.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel modern seems more like a motel at times that hotel. The lobby was nice enough but the front desk staff seemed to disappear later at night. If you try to call the front desk be prepared for no one to answer. My room was stark and drab, the walls void of any adornment. The fire alarm was dangling from a wire off-the-wall, no luggage rack in the room only a closet with no light with a bench inside of it for your luggage. There are no ironing boards or irons in the room which I realized 15 minutes before I was scheduled to leave as I needed to iron my shirt before walking out the door for the evening.

A plus was the bathroom had a large vanity counter. The shower had shampoo, conditioner and body wash bolted to the wall, Sadly I was taking a shower before I realized the shampoo and body wash was completely empty. The bedding had rips and holes in it. There are no do not disturb signs in the hotel, several people on my floor all made our own do not disturb signs even so that didn't stop the maids from banging on the door well before checkout time. Something about this hotel almost feels like an inside joke with the owners or management calling it Hotel Modern, at times it seemed more like a nice youth hostel. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CalP0ly

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hotel Modern. By reading your comments, I understand that you experienced a series of service breakdowns that are unacceptable and I apologize for not responding to these while you were with us.

I would like to have an opportunity to discuss your visit more in detail and learn how I can assist you further. At your convenience, please contact me at 504 962 0903.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I went in July 2013 here and it's become my go to for New Orleans downtown hotels (besides the Hyatt) when I don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

First, they were doing some renovations last time I was here and there was some pretty rowdy guests that showed up at 2AM. The Security Office came put the smack down on them, so it really wasn't a problem after that.

Bed was comfortable but room was pretty small. It honestly wasn't bad considering I paid $100. It's about exactly what I expected.

Only reason they got 4/5 was that dang aggravating parrot I wanted to shoot everytime I visited the lobby. The thing would not shut up and literally irritated everyone trying to talk to the reservation rep.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Robert J

Robert,

Thank you for your review and comments regarding your visit in July 2013. I am sorry that Miss Scarlett was a bit rowdy, but I hope that it does not stop you from visiting us again soon.