“Great Value!”

Ranked #108 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Value!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel modern before we left for a cruise, our flight was delayed and we didn't get into New Orleans until very late the girl that checked us in was very nice and efficient. I know it was late but she looked like she had been asleep herself. Our room was very clean and the bathroom was HUGE! we didn't have much of a view but didn't mind because we were just there to sleep. The next morning the staff was very helpful with the checkout and getting us a taxi to go to the port. The only downside I thought was that I could not figure out the bedding there was only a sheet to cover up with luckily I had brought my own blanket or I would have froze! This hotel was great for the value and I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013
TheHotelModern, General Manager at The Hotel Modern, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the hotel. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be accommodating and helpful.

Please contact us directly next time you plan on returning to New Orleans, and inquire about our repeat guest discount program.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Indonesian first
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Fantastic value for a beautiful, clean and comfortable hotel in a great location near WWII museum and Art District. Got deal, for $5 got full breakfast for my wife and I. Highly recommend staying here...just make sure you ask about overriding motion detector driven AC in room.

• Stayed July 2013
TheHotelModern, General Manager at The Hotel Modern, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We are delighted that you took advantage of our summer promotion Best Available + 5. We look forward to your return soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

the night staff was very weird and lacked communication skills. Be prepared to pay $50 hold for accidentals. Overall, very nice hotel the room was very clean and nice. I only stayed there for a couple of hours so I didn't get the full experience. But I accomplished what I went there for...sleeping for a couple of hours until check-in for my other hotel.

1 Thank Britney C
Thank you for your valuable feedback and comments. I hope that next time you are able to stay a little longer and fully enjoy the hotel. Until next time, be well.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have just completed a two night stay at The Hotel Modern. It's very nicely done. The beds are comfy and the staff is excellent. The hotel is located with easy access to the St. Charles street car line, and is near CBD and Warehouse District, not a far drive to the French Quarter or Garden District. The rooms are on the smaller side, but are well designed and comfortable. Baths are large. Great place to stay.

2 Thank Jami S
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent visit. We hope you make the Hotel Modern your new home in New Orleans. Visit us again soon!
La Junta, Colorado
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was in a great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Staying at The Hotel Modern was a unique experience for me. I especially enjoyed the parrot that greets the guests. In addition, I was grateful that this hotel allowed me to bring my dog along. There is a lot of grass in the vicinity as well as dog friendly restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Lisa C
We are glad that you were able to bring your dog along on your trip to New Orleans. Did you take any pictures with Ms. Scarlett? We look forward to your next visit.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by the friendly doorman. As we walked into the hotel we were confused about where to check-in. There was a young guy standing by a desk but he completely ignored us. I wasn't sure he worked there. I asked him where we could check-in and he replied "right here, why?" It took me about 2 seconds to realize he was high out of his mind. He would just stare and ask me to repeat everything. I had to ask him if he was ok. He seemed really paranoid. Then he started ranting incoherently about other guests and the air conditioning and then asked us if we wanted to see his pet bird. It was about 10:30pm and we just wanted to check in. Not surprisingly, he could not find our reservation made through A travel website. About 15 mins later a young woman came out from the back and said they found it and we were all set. Only to find out that after we checked out the next day, they charged my credit card. The room was nice and the decor was pretty cool and unique. It could be a great hotel with the right staff. To be fair, some of the staff we encountered seemed friendly and competent. There are obviously a few bad apples which can ruin whole experience.

7 Thank StandingByZed
TheHotelModern, General Manager at The Hotel Modern, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We are terribly sorry to learn that your arrival at the hotel was not as smooth as it should, and I appreciate your comments and feedback about our staff.

I hope that this experience does not discourage you from returning to the hotel and give us another chance. Please contact me directly at 504-962-0903 in order to obtain your information and discuss opportunities for you to enjoy another trip to New Orleans.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We check in on a Saturday even upon first looks the hotel was very nice with the most friendly staff. The first room they gave us was on the second floor with a view of a brick wall less then two feet away. We immediately ask for another room where we could have some type of view. The staff was very nice about get our room changed; they moved us to the tenth floor. After getting settled in we grabbed a bite to eat before heading out to see the sights. We can back to the room @ 3 am to find our room filled with ants. The overnight staff ask if we could wait outside the room for a hour til they could kill all the ants! We demand a another room(3 rooms less then 10 hour) just to find the new room sheet were dirty and trash still under the bed from previous guest. So we call the front desk yet again and asked to new sheets so we could do their job for them...the location is right on the Street cart route which take you right to Bourbon Street...the self parking is 2 1/2 blocks away which is ok because once you park you really didn't need it again if you are planning to spend your time in the French Quarter..

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ManGeorgia
Thank you for your comments and feedback about your stay. We are sorry to learn that you experienced some difficulties while visiting the Hotel Modern.

I would like to learn more about your experience and find ways to remedy the situation. At your convenience, please contact me directly at 504-962-0903.