Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$153
Preferred Hotels
$259
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$151
$117
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
$189
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
$138
$102
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
Omni Hotels
1,052 results
All reviewslee circlewwii museumfrench quartergarden districtrooms are smallstreet car lineconvention centertrolley stopcharles streetcarmardi grascanal stbourbon streetfew blocksnolavaletww2keurig
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Good place to stay, about a mile away from Bourbon St but easily accessible by the 24hr St. Charles cable car or a 20 min walk. Also close to the Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery #2. The small room is defiantly small but clean and comfortable; perfect for anyone who doesn't plan on sitting in the hotel room all day. 24hr gas station/ corner store and a cable car stop all just across the street. Cereal, pastries and coffee served in the morning. Great place to stay and a little less expensive since it's a little out of the way. The cable car is only $3 for a day pass which starts at midnight and ends at 4am the next morning (28 hours).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaS05
Reviewed June 15, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were met with smiles and wine! Great staff clean rooms comfortable beds. On trolley line or walk 8 blocks to quarter.
Great free continental breakfast with healthy choices. Also they accepted our small dog. There is a pet fee. Loved it

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

It was my 65th birthday celebration with my husband and our best friends....From the moment we walked in we were treated special. We found the staff to be very nice and very helpful...I would recommend this hotel, and I can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelModern, General Manager at The Hotel Modern, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

From our staff at The Hotel Modern, thank you for sharing your great experience. It was our pleasure to host your group during your birthday celebration.I deeply enjoyed meeting you and your friends.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Magda Chappetta

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Just stayed at the Hotel Modern for 4 nights. Chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the convention center (5 blocks) and the modern style. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and offered wine. Oddly they don't have a standard front desk and you have to wait to the side while the process and run your card in the back. I stayed in the small room, it had modern upgrades but many important upgrade/ details were missing.

- The toilet looked very dirty, with large dark stains in the bottom, which I believe were just stains but it looked like poo.
- Their website listed listed Ipod docks in rooms, on arrival mine didn't have one. When I called the front desk they informed me the hotel didn't have enough for every room and would contact me the next day to let me know if one was available, never got a call or an ipod dock. Glad I brought a back-up charger
- There was no menu for room service or the min-bar in the room. I called to request a menu, it never was brought up. The last night I called again for a menu, was told it would be right up. After 20+ min still no menu, called the front desk again. Once I brought up the issue of being the 3rd call I was hung up on. About 10 min later the menu arrived. Dinner was ok and reasonable priced, though nothing special.
- No iron in the room, had to call for one. The board delivered had a large stain on it.
- While waiting for a colleague near the front desk I asked for a glass of the wine sitting out. I was very sharply asked if I received one when I checked in, I had... apparently its only for guesting checking in, there's no wine hour so don't expect any additional wine.
- Looks like new bedding, but the desk and dresser were old, furniture in the hallways was all scrapped up, along with scrapped walls needing new paint.

- Overall the hotel cheaply upgraded to modern. Needs re-painting, furnishes replaced, and the customer is lacking. Another important note is there's no other hotels or restaurants near by. You can catch the trolly or a cab, so factor that into your hotel cost. But for the $100 per night price its still a fairly clean and comfortable place to stay. Just don't expect a top level modern hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I found this hotel by googling different places in new Orleans looking for a . good rate. Their info says you will be served wine upon arrival and then shown to your room. We had to wait afew minutes for someone to be at the check in table. We did not get offered or served wine. Our key card did not work at first. We had to go back downstairs and talk to the staff and get another one. Our room was very small but nice and clean. Bed and pillows were very comfy. My biggest complaint is the price to valet your car is $30 a night. The parking garage is cheaper and u park it yourself but it is like 3 blocks from the hotel. Bourban street is a good walk from the hotel as well. Taxi's are cheaper and easier. Hotel was pet friendly which was nice being an animal lover. I'd consider staying there again. Be nice to be some place where you can access your car without a hike in the summer

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear guest,
Your feedback is truly appreciated. We believe that a great stay starts with a warm welcome. I have reviewed your experience with our greeting staff to ensure we are consistent. Our apologies for the incident with your key. We understand it was a great inconvenience.
We are glad you found the room comfortable and thank you for considering staying with us in the future. We will make sure we exceed your expectations.

Magda Chappetta