The Hotel Modern
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$168
$127
$159
$139
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$105
$85
$108
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$169
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$123
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$93
$91
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$119
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$154
$143
1,052 results
All reviewslee circlewwii museumfrench quartergarden districtrooms are smallstreetcar stopstreet car lineconvention centermardi grasbed was very comfortablevalet parkingcanal stbourbon streetfew blocksnolatrolleyww2
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Excellent service. Always clean. Food is good. Beer is cold. Close to everything. One of my favorite hotels in my favorite city!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JamieJ11
Reviewed February 27, 2012

From the entrance to the room, this is an amazing experience

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have stayed here before when it was Hotel LeCirque and recently stayed since the remodel at the new Hotel Modern. One of the most welcome changes was the new bedding and just the fact that the hotel seems so much cleaner and more comfortable. One nice surprise was that we were checked in by the same desk clerk that we had the last time. Her name is Rebecca and she is so sweet and friendly. Also very knowledgeable about the city and things to do. We also enjoyed meeting Scarlett, the parrot in the lobby. Unusual but fun. I loved the wine on arrival. The room amenities and the honor bar were great but I would have liked coffee in the room. All in all a great improvement. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay there the next time I am in N. O. which I hope is very soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel facing Lee Circle are great since the view is better in my opinion but all of the rooms I have stayed in have been fine.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I decided to book this hotel for the first weekend of Mardi Gras. All of the uptown parades roll right by this hotel before making their way down to Canal. We brought two other couples with us who had never been to mardi gras. This was a good way to ease someone into mardi gras who had never been. The crowd in front of the hotel was never more than one or two person deep.

The hotel was nice, the rooms were cute, bed was big and comfy. Liked the CB Bigalo toiletries. Lovely bar called Bellocq downstairs. There was a restaurant called Tamarind also on the lower level but we did not get to try it. Room rate was very fair priced for mardi gras first weekend.

There were a few quirky things that I thought may need to be adjusted. I know the hotel just reopened as Hotel Modern, so maybe these quirky things just started, but for one thing, they didn't allow you to get ice. The ice machines were empty. You had to call the front desk to have it delivered. This got annoying pretty quick, especially during parades when you are constantly making drinks in your room. We were literally going up to the front desk and asking for ice for each new drink. Another quirky thing was the check in desk, or lack thereof. It was really just a waist high kiosk with some ice water sitting atop it. There was a girl who stood beside the desk, who did not appear to be wearing a uniform. She turned out to be the desk clerk. I thought she was hanging out, drinking water at first! The really nice man who opened the door for me a few times turned out to be the doorman! Again, no uniform was worn by him either. I did recognize the maid because she had cute french maid uniform on! none of these are bad things, just quirky.

There is an adorable Macaw or some sort of parrot who hangs out in the lobby as well. He has a big bird cage beside the water kiosk. Overall, I would def stay here again for first weekend of mardi gras. It would also be good for people who come to town for the WWII museum, it is one block over.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Newly updated. Comfortable beds. Very clean. First assigned tiny, tiny room; changed to a slightly larger room. No coffee pot in room, no ironing board in room, guest must call for ice. Pleasant staff. Good location. Complimentary wine in the evenings. Cute parrot in the lobby. But NO coffee!!!

Room Tip: Ask about size of room. Front view of Lee Circle is nice. Bring your own coffee!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo