“Good Experience, Great parking deal for cruise”

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #74 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Experience, Great parking deal for cruise”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We had some hesitancy about staying here due to negative review. Our experience was great. Room very nice size, clean and well appointed. You can leave your car in their garage while on a cruise, saving us more than the price of the room. Free shuttle to the dock, but you have to reserve a seat. It was a $7 per person taxi ride back. Would certainly recommend this hotel for this reason.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank virginiaMO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed February 10, 2011

The customer service at this hotel was excellent. Juanita, Donna, and Shelly especially. Our group had some initial problems which were quickly sorted and fixed by this excellent staff. Any special requests or accomidations were taken care of at our request. Our group was very pleased with not only the appearance of the hotel, but the customer service. It was a pleasant experience to know that great customer service still exists. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing accomidations for an event or for personal travel. Thanks Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Destin, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Hotel is located right outside the French Quarter. They provided great Free shuttle to the French Quarter and Harrah's Casino and other stops along with way. Rooms were nice - great food and value in the restaurant. Comfortable lounge area to have a cocktail.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Fairport, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2011

The hotel is undergoing some changes that will make a great place to stay even better. Rooms are being renovated and the new decor is beautiful.. The new chef is making some great changes to the menu.
For those complaining about location or proximity to the Quarter, the hotel shuttle will get you to a number of areas quickly (quarter, WWII museum, Riverwalk, Casino). If you choose to walk to the quarter, use Gravier instead of Loyala until you get to Carondlet and you'll have a quieter route. I've walked alone during the day to Canal on Loyala and never had a problem with comments from those waiting for the bus. As noted by another reviewer, I would recommend walking in pairs in the evening.
As in the past, a big strength of the hotel is the fantastic staff. From the front desk to the shuttle to the dining room, everyone is friendly and helpful. Kudos to all and special thanks to Patrice and Donna at the front desk, John for courteous & patience in handling shuttle passengers, and Javanna, Daneka and Alina for excellent restaurant service!

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I only stayed here overnight but I felt completely pampered the entire time. The room was spotless, well furnished, and decorated with jazz/New Orleans related pictures. There was free internet access and the staff kindly assisted me with logging on. I opted for room service despite the expense and I was not disappointed in either the food or the serving staff (I highly recommend the California omelet for breakfast, it was delish!). I think the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on, making much needed sleep impossible NOT to get. The hotel was pricier than places I would normally stay, but I felt it was well worth the money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tnredhead80
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed at this particular hotel as it was centrally to business and pleasure alike. While parking is ample, you need to pay $22.40 per night, but it's secure and given the alternative of street parking over night with a boot, ticket or worse...pay the parking. The double room was clean, a good size for two people and a nicely equipped bathroom. The staff is very helpful, most of all Lucien, the day manager at the desk. He knows how best to get anywhere nearby and is one of the most gracious workers there, always willing to help. A free business center to check email is also included at no charge on-site.
For the money, this hotel will gives the basics and then some for a quick stay on business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed January 28, 2011

First off! We arrived at this hotel about 2 hours before check in and they were very rude. We asked if there was a room available and before checking to see, the lady at desk blurted out NO. We went to park our vehicle and even the parking attendant was very rude. After we parked, we went inside and there was a line of about 6 people who they were giving rooms too. This all happened in about 20 minutes from asking if we had a room available. I'm a platinum member and was treated very poorly.
We finally get to our room and I was in disgust. This room looked like something you would get for $20 a night. There were 3 of us and they only left 3 towels. No wash cloths. The toilets sit very closely the floor and the bathroom is very small. The shower was stopped up the whole time which made showering gross. I couldn't even shower on the day we checked out because it was full of water from wife showering. If you get a double room, the beds are between a full and twin which again made it hard for 2 people to get a good nights rest. The tvs are old, the room stunk, actually the whole hotel stunk. We went to eat lunch at their restauraunt. They were out of just about everything, turkey, fries, muffaletta sandwiches and a few other things I can't remember. The food we did receive wasn't that bad but couldn't believe that on Sugar Bowl weekend they could be out of that much stuff and this was just the first day we were there. The location is close to the superdome but also close to Tulane hospital, which all you hear all night is sirens. It seemed like every 5 minutes an ambulance was leaving. If you walk to Boubon st, you have to pass a bus stop full of bums which beg for money or make comments about your wife. The parking is terrible also. I drive a GMC crew cab and couldn't get into most parking spots. They only let you park on 3-6 deck so parking during big venues is tough. I will go to New Orleans again because I did have a good time, but you can bet one thing, I will never pay to stay in this hotel ever again. Worst hotel by far I have ever stayed in! And if anyone from Hoilday Inn reads this. Ya'll need to do something with your customer service. These folks are the rudest people I've ever dealt with. I've stayed all over this country and have never been treated this poorly!!!!! And we paid $625 for 3 nights in this dump!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BigEFortSmith
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown
Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Arts District / Warehouse District
Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!