First off! We arrived at this hotel about 2 hours before check in and they were very rude. We asked if there was a room available and before checking to see, the lady at desk blurted out NO. We went to park our vehicle and even the parking attendant was very rude. After we parked, we went inside and there was a line of about 6 people who they were giving rooms too. This all happened in about 20 minutes from asking if we had a room available. I'm a platinum member and was treated very poorly.
We finally get to our room and I was in disgust. This room looked like something you would get for $20 a night. There were 3 of us and they only left 3 towels. No wash cloths. The toilets sit very closely the floor and the bathroom is very small. The shower was stopped up the whole time which made showering gross. I couldn't even shower on the day we checked out because it was full of water from wife showering. If you get a double room, the beds are between a full and twin which again made it hard for 2 people to get a good nights rest. The tvs are old, the room stunk, actually the whole hotel stunk. We went to eat lunch at their restauraunt. They were out of just about everything, turkey, fries, muffaletta sandwiches and a few other things I can't remember. The food we did receive wasn't that bad but couldn't believe that on Sugar Bowl weekend they could be out of that much stuff and this was just the first day we were there. The location is close to the superdome but also close to Tulane hospital, which all you hear all night is sirens. It seemed like every 5 minutes an ambulance was leaving. If you walk to Boubon st, you have to pass a bus stop full of bums which beg for money or make comments about your wife. The parking is terrible also. I drive a GMC crew cab and couldn't get into most parking spots. They only let you park on 3-6 deck so parking during big venues is tough. I will go to New Orleans again because I did have a good time, but you can bet one thing, I will never pay to stay in this hotel ever again. Worst hotel by far I have ever stayed in! And if anyone from Hoilday Inn reads this. Ya'll need to do something with your customer service. These folks are the rudest people I've ever dealt with. I've stayed all over this country and have never been treated this poorly!!!!! And we paid $625 for 3 nights in this dump!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome