“Good hotel, would recommend it” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #73 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
boston,massachusetts
“Good hotel, would recommend it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

This hotel is right around the corner from the Superdome, about a 4 block walk to the main Post Office, 6 to the Union Station & about a 15 minute walk to the French Quarter. The hotel shuttle stops & picks-up at the French Quarter, the Casino, Hospitals, the Riverwalk, the Convention Ctr., and the World War II Museum. The shuttle stops only at the cruise terminal but will not pick up.

When I checked in, I made the mistake of taking the first room available which was 1515 & had a view of the back of the hotel. The confirmation said the view would be of the city. After several more room changes I was finally given 1723; the room had a view of the city (which the confirmation said), room for my laptop, refrigerator & microwave.

I was told there are no restaurants nearby which is false. There are 2 Subway food shops about a 2 blocks walk each, an Italian restaurant less than 1 block away, several restaurants near Union & Baronne, just to name a few. Of note, there is a Walgreen’s about a 2 block walk and a CVS on Canal St. about a 15 minute walk. It took me about 30-45 minutes to walk from the hotel to the Mississippi River, but I tend to take my time & view the surroundings. If you are going to eat at the hotel, eat in the bar area. The service is faster & you have 2 tv’s to watch.

The Hotel does not tell you everything. I am a priority member and should have been told at check-in that we are entitled to breakfast on the 18th floor for free. I found this out from the waitress while eating supper the 1st day I arrived.

I was at the hotel during a home game held at the Superdrome. Although I was warned by others that the hotel would be hectic, it was not.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank paul k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ontario Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Although this hotel is ver close to the Superdome there are some problems. First the staff at the front desk are not very friendly or helpful. It always seems like you are bothering them, from checkin to printing boarding passes or just asking area questions. If you are only going to the game this is a great location. If you are heading to Bourbon Street it is in walking distance but this side of Canal Street is not very safe. I would recommend a cab at about eight dollars each way. The room is fine and the food at the Hotel Restaurant just fine.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nancyfromwoodward
Brighton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Superdome for two nights before embarking on a Caribbean cruise. The hotel was very helpful in providing a crib for my 14 month old daughter, rollaway beds for the teenagers, breakfast vouchers and shuttles as we needed them. We had 22 family members staying in the hotel and we were all very satisfied.

My only complaints were the terrible breakfast buffet (and the attempt to charge my daughter full buffet price when she merely ate a few bites from my plate) and the noise level from the street (they were filming The Green Lantern a block away).

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

Spent 5 days at this facility as it was very close to the customer's downtown office. I am a Platinum member and have spent 30 weeks on the road this year, all at Holiday Inn properties. Although I have had excellent treatment at all the hotels I have stayed in, this one set the bar to new heights. The staff treated me like a very special guest. The upgrade was more than I expected. Another nice feature is the Concierge Room on the top floor which is available to Priority Club members. They even upgraded my colleague, even though he is just starting his road warrior cycle. I thought that was a touch of class by the manager. Rates were reasonable for the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Your feedback means a lot, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Carbondale, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

This was the closest hotel I could get to downtown as it was a spur of the moment trip. I am usually a fan of Holiday Inns however this was a terrible experience. I was unable to get an early check in because they were sold out the night before I can handle this but I work at a hotel and I know they at that time a day at least one room had to be available, but was told no with an attitude. When we were finally able to check in the room was not as nice as the picture on the internet, not to mention not clean. The lotion in the bathroom was half empty from the previous guest not to mention the wall paper was coming off, just not well maintained. On top of all this our door did not shut properly. We were actually walked in on by the housekeeper at a very inappropriate time because our door was not shut completely, not to mention she did not knock. All in all this was one of the most disappointing stays at a hotel that i have ever had, I would not recommend this hotel to any its too far from downtown and after a night on bourbon street i do not recommend walking back the that area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lrkauf
, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
We are very sorry that your stay with us was not a pleasant experience. We very much appreciate your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand, and hope that we can live up to your expectations in the future. As you mention in your review, there is no way for us to guarantee an early check-in on any reservation. I do sincerely apologize if our front desk staff was anything but friendly and obliging, as is our standard for doing business. We take housekeeping and security issues very seriously at the hotel, and I assure you that your concerns have been addressed on our end. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you in the future, and that you will remember us next time you travel to New Orleans!
Versailles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

The staff is very helpful but the room service is quite slow.
The swimming pool is very appreciated after a walking day in New-Orleans!
Breakfast is very expensive; you would better buy food or have breakfast in a little café in the French Quarter.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Malicette78
webb city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

Booked online and got a great room for a good price. Parking a little expensive especially having two vehicles. Son had a large truck and unable to get in covered parking had to park in lot behind hotel and still had to pay parking garage rates. Our room was very clean and were able to get new towels, coffee etc. with no problem. Enjoyed the balcony. Enjoyed the fresh breeze and view at night. Daily shuttle was available to several attractions shuttle stopped at 10PM but taxi back was only $8 for six people. Unable to enjoy pool as several different church groups were there and pool overflowing with teenagers. Would recommend hotel do a Adults Only time slot such as 8-10PM so adults could enjoy a leisurley time in the pool. All in all we had a great time and hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Food in dining room was a little high but exceptional. Bourbon Street only a 10 minute walk away. Never bothered by any strangers on the streets.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
#64 of 162 in New Orleans
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,408 reviews
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#109 of 162 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!