This hotel is right around the corner from the Superdome, about a 4 block walk to the main Post Office, 6 to the Union Station & about a 15 minute walk to the French Quarter. The hotel shuttle stops & picks-up at the French Quarter, the Casino, Hospitals, the Riverwalk, the Convention Ctr., and the World War II Museum. The shuttle stops only at the cruise terminal but will not pick up.
When I checked in, I made the mistake of taking the first room available which was 1515 & had a view of the back of the hotel. The confirmation said the view would be of the city. After several more room changes I was finally given 1723; the room had a view of the city (which the confirmation said), room for my laptop, refrigerator & microwave.
I was told there are no restaurants nearby which is false. There are 2 Subway food shops about a 2 blocks walk each, an Italian restaurant less than 1 block away, several restaurants near Union & Baronne, just to name a few. Of note, there is a Walgreen’s about a 2 block walk and a CVS on Canal St. about a 15 minute walk. It took me about 30-45 minutes to walk from the hotel to the Mississippi River, but I tend to take my time & view the surroundings. If you are going to eat at the hotel, eat in the bar area. The service is faster & you have 2 tv’s to watch.
The Hotel does not tell you everything. I am a priority member and should have been told at check-in that we are entitled to breakfast on the 18th floor for free. I found this out from the waitress while eating supper the 1st day I arrived.
I was at the hotel during a home game held at the Superdrome. Although I was warned by others that the hotel would be hectic, it was not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome