I stayed at this property for Mardi Gras from 2/27 through 3/1. We arrived at the hotel at noon and was told check-in time was a firm 3pm. The hotel was gracious in watching our bags while we went and had some lunch at Frankie & Johnny's. We arrivied back to the hotel at around 4:30pm. The check in was smooth. Room # 1129, which had a view of the front of the hotel(Loyoal Ave.). I must say I found the room to be bigger than what I had imagined and it was very clean. The next morning while showering, the water in the tub wasn't draining. I called the front desk and the immeiately sent up a maintenance person and the problem was fixed within a half hour. There is a bar in the hotel which stays open until 11pm. I was told from hotel staff that the flood waters were only within the lobby area but there were no signs of water damage anywhere.
This was my 8th trip to New Orleans and first since the flood. I expected to see a city in total disarray. What I saw was the complete opposite. There was no change in the quarter/downtown area. However the Mardi Gras crowd was a bit smaller than past celebrations. In my opinion many people were frightened away because of all the negative attention given by the media. There was a heavy police presence which made me feel much safer than my prior visits to New Orleans. The people of New Orleans were friendly as usual.
Staten Island, NY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome