“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #75 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed March 4, 2006

I stayed at this property for Mardi Gras from 2/27 through 3/1. We arrived at the hotel at noon and was told check-in time was a firm 3pm. The hotel was gracious in watching our bags while we went and had some lunch at Frankie & Johnny's. We arrivied back to the hotel at around 4:30pm. The check in was smooth. Room # 1129, which had a view of the front of the hotel(Loyoal Ave.). I must say I found the room to be bigger than what I had imagined and it was very clean. The next morning while showering, the water in the tub wasn't draining. I called the front desk and the immeiately sent up a maintenance person and the problem was fixed within a half hour. There is a bar in the hotel which stays open until 11pm. I was told from hotel staff that the flood waters were only within the lobby area but there were no signs of water damage anywhere.
This was my 8th trip to New Orleans and first since the flood. I expected to see a city in total disarray. What I saw was the complete opposite. There was no change in the quarter/downtown area. However the Mardi Gras crowd was a bit smaller than past celebrations. In my opinion many people were frightened away because of all the negative attention given by the media. There was a heavy police presence which made me feel much safer than my prior visits to New Orleans. The people of New Orleans were friendly as usual.
Vito Palazzo
Staten Island, NY
Moladibari2002@aol.com

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
Garden District
Prytania Park
Prytania Park
#102 of 164 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!