“An unexpected find in New Orleans CBD!”

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #75 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 28, 2009

As I was in New Orleans for business, this location was a perfect fit for me. I was able to walk to where I needed to be, leaving my car in the hotel covered parking lot, safe and sound, out of the weather and prying eyes. If I wanted to go to the French Quarter or the Riverwalk, there is the available shuttle . Very convenient. Quick check-in and check-out. Rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet. The restaurant has very good food. Best of all was dealing with the staff. Extremely nice, friendly and generous to a fault. Bent over backwards to help you with anything you needed. I will miss them.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Dr_950A
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

Reviewed April 27, 2009

This hotel is located 2 blocks from my client's office so it's very convenient. It's also within walking disctance to the French Quarter and other great eating/drinking establishments downtown. The rooms offer the basic amenities but are clean. The food in the restaurant is surprisingly good for those nights when you feel like staying in.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Thibadeau
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed here, because we got an awesome $60.00 a night deal. I don't think it would be worth it to pay the average $135.00 listed by tripadvisor. I'm not a huge fan of the business district, especially that far north. There was a lot of construction with closed sidewalks and buildings being torn down. The room itself was bizarrely laid out, but large and clean. The bed was comfortable. If you want to use the wireless, go ahead and get the card with the password at check in. Our cell phones didn't work in our rooms, and we weren't told in advance that we needed to leave a deposit even to call 1-800 numbers (my wallet was stolen and the no cell phone, no phone in room increased stress). The staff did let me use the front desk phone to call the credit card companies. We also had a bizarre night where it took 15 minutes to get on an elevator due to some sort of bible convention all arriving at the same time, but I can't imagine that happens very often. The biggest perk was the roof top pool. I had it all to myself in the early mornings. So, over all, nothing terribly wrong with the hotel or overly fantastic. If you get a deal, I'd recommend it. Next time I'll probably stay in a B&B on the other side of the French Quarter, where the best veggie eateries seem to be.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank HappieSimone
Reviewed March 18, 2009

My husband has stayed here several times on busi. Since he was already familiar with the hotel & it was close to his N.O. office... I didn't dispute when he booked the room. I checked several websites and the facility seemed less than special but acceptable and worth the value. I agree with the previous reviewer... the only thing good about this hotel was its shuttle service. The restaurant food was bad and their service was even worse. Most of the rest. staff & front desk staff was down right rude. Also, three of the four sides of the hotel are surronded by abandoned bldgs. Not only unpleasant too look at but unsafe for a family. The beds were hard and the rooms were not well appointed. Our balcony door was screwed shut - we later reported & they fixed it but I was reluctant to let my kids out their b/c I wasn't sure why it would have been bolted shut to begin with. Also our house phone (which had several cigar. burns on it) did not work. We reported this at the same time we reported our balcony door problem but it was never fixed/repaired. Also, our toilet would not flush properly. The first time we called they sent someone up right away to fix it. The second time it quit working, it was close to our checkout time so we didn't bother notifying anyone. After all... it required us to use our cell phones or make a trip to the front desk since we had no phone & no house phone on the floor. Lastly, the “executive club” for priority members was never opened as advertised.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Courtland2009
Reviewed March 16, 2009

I stayed here because of all the good reviews on this site, and I have no idea what the fuss is about. The only nice things about this hotel are the shuttle service and the proximity to the Superdome. The front desk staff was generally unpleasant, and on 2 occasions the hotel kitchen claimed to be closed more than 15 minutes prior to the end of scheduled room service hours. If you want a pizza you need to order before 9:30. Rooms are old-feeling, and the view to the north or east sides is downright depressing. Not a great area - if you're going to walk from here stick to Poydras. It's a 15 minute walk to the French Quarter. There was also a 24 hour period where there was no hot water. They claimed it happens every once and a while, and you just need to let the water run for a while. Apparently 30 minutes is not long enough. I did not enjoy the cold shower, and they offered no apology. I stayed 2 weeks and at the beginning of the second week they drained the pool and it was still not refilled 5 days later when I left. Too bad - the weather was amazing. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2009

A group of 16 stayed at the Holiday Inn Super Dome prior to a cruise, The staff was wonderful, they assisted us in every way possible. Found a place to take us for dinner, then drove us there and picked us up afterwards. The room was large, comfortable, and very restful. I can't praise the staff enough, the front desk, the bell staff, the servers at breakfast, everyone was very pleasant and helpful. We had the cruising in NO package and it was wonderful value. We stayed a night and got greatly reduced parking in a covered, secure garage while we were on the cruise. Higly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank don9093
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We had many problems. The reservation was for a handicapped room. One grab bar does not constitute a handicapped accommodation in my book. The toilet either leaked or was sweating. The maid said she would call maintenance. Nothing changed. The fan in the bathroom was inadequate. The heater/cooler was so noisy we couldn't leave it on. I told the maid we needed clean towels, but they didn't have to change the sheets. They didn't even pull up the bedspread. I've never seen that before. We were not told that we would be billed in advance of arrival (we wanted to split the cost on our credit cards) or that a $250 hold would be put on my credit card. We were told there would be shuttle service, and didn't learn until we arrived that that shuttle service stopped at parade time. I am handicapped--this created problems.

• Stayed: February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Central Business District
Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
#66 of 165 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!