“Staff is Very Friendly and a great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #72 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Nashville, Tennessee
“Staff is Very Friendly and a great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

First time to New Orleans and what a Treat!! The Staff is wonderful!! Lorraine Combs the room Cleaner was wonderful Friendly, Happy and seems to enjoy Life.. What a pleasant experience to talk with someone who enjoys their Job. Juanita at the front desk was also very pleasant... It was great time ...~marlon

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Antioch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was our first trip to New Orleans via The Road Scholar Program and found our stay at this Holiday Inn to be enjoyable. For the most part, the front desk staff was cordial but the housekeeping staff, Keila and Gloria, were exceptionally kind and helpful. Our room was comfortable and the food was great! We would have given this hotel a rating of five stars, however, we reported that the exhaust fan did not work in bathroom and the sinks had a slow drain and were told that maintenance would take care of it but never did. Also, upon receiving our final bill for parking, we were charged 4xs the amount of parking for one day, which was corrected and we were offered lunch after bringing this to the attention of the front desk staff. Overall, we had a great experience and would stay at this Holiday Inn if we are ever in New Orleans again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drlady2b
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Ok, this is the third time I've been to New Orleans and all three I have stayed at this hotel. The good first: decent staff, balconies, spacious rooms. The bad: Takes forever to get cab service, no shuttle for anything, no in hotel sundry store...but there is a Walgreens nearby, no chairs on the balcony, elevators are slow when it's busy (and there are four). The ugly: You must constantly re-enter your username and pw if your computer goes into screensaver mode. The food...has great potential and so does the menu. I was here for work and was stuck eating at the hotel restaurant. Prices and food quality do not balance. The fish had to have been frozen first, no fluff, no taste. The shrimp is TINY. I was given a salad instead of coleslaw once (which consisted of "greens"...no crunch, croutons, cheese, veggies---plain. Very limited expensive menu. Limited on how you order, I just wanted some french fries and I had to buy an entire meal. Crawfish sauce was good. My balcony door would not shut all the way while locked.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators, highest up you can get.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 344Michelle
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We greatly appreciate your loyalty as a repeat guest at our property! Please accept my apologies for the issues encountered during your most recent stay. Unfortunately, we can only call or hail taxi cabs and cannot control their ETA. They usually arrive within 10 minutes; however, when the city is busy it can take longer than expected based on demand. We do not offer a shuttle since we are within walking distance of all the great attractions and have easy access to the streetcar lines for transportation. A sundry shop is not a feature of the Holiday Inn brand, but as you mentioned there is a Walgreens less than 2 blocks from our front door! Due to limited space, we are unable to comfortably accommodate chairs on the balconies. Although they do provide exceptional views to enhance your New Orleans visit! The elevator interiors and mechanics were renovated over the summer to offer swifter service. A wait is not very common but does happen occasionally depending on occupancy. Also, there is a way to set up your personal computer to leave the username and password for internet access saved. We’d be happy to assist you next time around! Thank you for taking the time to review our property, the comments regarding your restaurant experience is being address by the F&B staff. We welcome ways to improve and hope you’ll be blown away by our dedication to progress should you return!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

My stay at this holiday has been great the housekeeper Keila has been such a big help, she suggested venues that I might prefer to visit while I'm here. As soon as I stepped off of the elevator she greeted me and I have found that you don't get that kind of hospitality everywhere that you go.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Coreydeonte90
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here as part of an Road Scholar New Orleans trip. The location was excellent for walking to all the fun parts. However, there were lots of problems that I relayed to Road Scholar and to the hotel management at their request:
The electronic keys did not work regularly and had to be replaced a number of times.
The internal WiFi did not work consistently.
The Business Center had a broken computer. Front desk personnel refused to communicate this to the Business Office.
There was broken equipment in the fitness room.
On at least one day, housekeeping had not cleaned the room by very late afternoon.
Front desk personnel were incapable of assisting with the mailing of a package.
The elevators were not working properly, causing backup and delays in leaving for programs.
Despite this, all staff were courteous and attentive. The room was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good. The hotel was centrally located.
The management never responded. Unless there is new management, avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Get rooms at the end of the hall and avoid being close to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
I see you stayed at our property 7 months ago and I have exciting news; many of your concerns have already been addressed! Within this time period, the business center, elevators, lobby, restaurant, and lounge have all been renovated, and the fitness center has received new equipment. Our property management hardware and internet service has been upgraded as well. Housekeeping arrives early in the morning and stays until every guest room meets our high standards, some days run longer than others based on occupancy and events occurring in the city. May falls within our festival season, a lively time for the Big Easy! I apologize if they did not get to your room when expected during one day of your stay. In regards to mailing packages, the front desk can assist in scheduling a pick up only. We do not have shipping supplies available for guests. There is a local post office 4 blocks from the hotel, in addition to a FedEx only 2 blocks away. I’m sorry you feel neglected in terms of management response; however, this is the first time your comments have been brought to our attention. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, as you can see by our progress we greatly value our guests’ opinions! I hope you will return to our property and enjoy the many improvements since your last stay!
Perdido Key, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed three nights for New Years and the Sugar Bowl - no issues whatsoever. This Holiday Inn is located only a coupe of blocks from the Super Dome and three blocks to the street car ($1.25 per trip) that drops you off at Bourbon Street.- parking was $28.00 per night, typical for New Orleans.

Room Tip: The rates are flexible if you decide to stay an extra day...just negotiate at the front desk.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Amarillo, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Since we were coming to New Orleans to watch the Sugar Bowl, my husband and I chose this hotel mainly due to its location near the Superdome. Overall, this was, at best, an average hotel experience. If the price of the hotel was less, I would have felt like I received a better deal. However, for the price of the hotel, there were several things I was disappointed in.

I really enjoyed the comfortable bed and variety of pillows (both soft and firm) provided. I enjoyed standing on the balcony and looking out over downtown. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The on-site restauarant provided a good breakfast for a pretty good price. The location was very good! It was close to the Superdome and also to the street cars.

This appears to be an old hotel that has been renovated, although not that well. The heating and air conditioning system was a wall-style unit from the 80s that was grungy-looking, loud and inefficient. I would hate to stay here in the hot summer and try to stay cool with the AC. The walls were also incredibly thin. We could hear the people next door, anytime a door would shut and when the elevator would ding upon its arrival to our floor. I noticed some minor damage to the carpet and bathroom doorway, as well. This is more of what I would expect at a lower grade hotel.

Since I am already paying over $200/night to stay here, it irked me to have to pay an additional almost $30/day for parking. I did not catch on to this additional fee until after booking the hotel. I would rather this "fee" be included in the regular price for the hotel, even if the regular price of the hotel jumped to $230/night. I hate hidden fees and feeling like I am being "nickeled and dimed" to death. Also, for the price, I would expect at least a continental breakfast to be provided.

Overall, it's a good place to stay if you are headed to the Superdome; however, if I visit New Orleans again, I believe I will seek out a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trayci2684
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for the feedback. It’s disheartening to see our property described as “average”. We strive to provide exceptional service and greatly enjoy our guests visiting for special events such as the Allstate Sugar Bowl. Rates do in fact fluctuate based on demand and football occasions happen to be highly regarded in this area. We take pride in the renovations our hotel has undergone; the updates have thrust us into modern times and comforts! It’s a rare occasion that we receive comments of your nature and we take guest concerns very seriously. Our Engineering staff has been notified of the issues encountered during your stay. In regards to parking, it’s a commodity in New Orleans and a fee is standard, ours is very competitive. Especially for our fabulous location in the heart of downtown! Thanks again for taking the time to help us improve! I hope you will reconsider and visit us once more.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown
Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#108 of 162 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!