“Nice place to stay!”

Ranked #73 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice place to stay!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed there in July for a few nights. We got to NOLA around noon, there was a few room available so they let us check early, they even got us a pool view room. The staff at check was real nice and helpful. Most of the other staff was also very helpful. The hotel is just down from the Superdome and close to the entrance of Bourbon St. The rooms are really nice. There was only a few things I didn't like, the toilet lid in our room did not stay up, you had to hold the lid with one hand or go siting down. And they charge $25.00 a night for parking. So we found parking a short walk from the hotel at canal and Roberson street for only $2.00 for 12 hour and $5.00 over night parking. $7.00 is a lot better then $25.00 we were there for 3 days and spent less then one day at the hotel on parking. There is no guard on duty, but my car was parked there for 3 days and it was not broken into, vandalized or dented in any shape or form. The parking lot is well lit and if your car is build after the year 2000 or in 2000 like my car it probably has an anti-theft system. If you don't have one on your car, you can look online for these little red blinking lights that you can put in your car to make people think you have a anti-theft system and after buying that blinking light and paying the $7.00 for 24 hours is still cheaper then paying for parking at the hotel.
Overall it was a nice place and if I get back to NOLA I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Covington, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stay at the Holiday Inn Superdome when we are cruising out of New Orleans. The staff is very helpful and friendly, the hotel is nice and clean and is convienently located in the downtown area. We walk to the French Quarter to eat dinner and the hotel provides a free shuttle for transporation to the ship port (you have to get a cab back though but it's very reasonable). This is a great hotel to stay at no matter what your reason for going to New Orleans is, not just for cruises.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa J
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

First time here.Use to stay on Royal St. Got sold.Now Doubletree. Construction going on in Hotel.,It was hard to get a cocktail. Food was good.Will go back.Was Quiet. Breakfast buffet was Excellent.Would be nice to get a crab omlet.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently stayed at this particular Holiday Inn over the essence fest weekend,and it's a decent looking hotel alot of construction going on in the front so I didn't know what to expect in the rooms, but At check in I was greeted by Alex, who was very helpful and very knowledge able about the area and the events, even gave us great places to eat,and mapped it out on a map, he was really great. As far as rooms go they were decorated nice but the plumbing in the bathroom was not up to par, the toilets barely flush and the water in the sink barely runs,but everything else was fine, another person at the front desk before I forget that helped was Laci,she helped out with directions.The food at the restaurant was subpar/average but I guess I'm comparing it to all the great restaurants in New Orleans so I guess for any other city it's above average,Overall the hotel is fine definitely not the best in New Orleans but you can tell its trying

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for about a month now. This hotel is fabulous and the people that work here are even better. I have worked in the hospitality industry for 9 years and expect the same level of service that I provide. It is very difficult to impress me and this is the first review I have ever written. However, I was so blown away by the customer service I recieved that I have to write one! Here are some reasons why:

1. When we arrived, I was a bit nervous, there was a crazy lady yelling profanities at the guest services clerk. This delayed our check in. However, without having to compain, the manager quickly apologized and offered a complimentary breakfast in the restaurant

1. The hotel is just a few blocks from the French Quarter, which I really liked. The french quarter can be kind of noisy so it was easy to get a good nights sleep at the Holiday Inn as it was very quiet

2. Beds were super comfy!

3. rooms and hotel common areas were very clean

2. the hotel itself has undergone renovations and it looks great! I didn't feel like I was in a holiday inn. The pool reminds me of a vegas style pool with chic cabanas and comfy day beds.

3. Everyone that worked in this hotel, smiled and said hello when they past you in the hallway. They were quick to offer suggestions of local restaurants and attractions

4. When we went to the restaurant for our complimentary breakfast, I was expecting the "typical" hotel breakfast. It was amazing! One of the best meals I had in New Orleans. I had the creol seafood omlette. It came piping hot, it was a big portion for the price (though I didn't have to pay for it) and it was so tasty!

5. Our server at the restaurant, Elaina (i think was her name), was one of the best servers I have come across. EVER. Again, I was in the hospitality industry for years so it is a big statement coming from me. She greeted us within 30 seconds of us sitting down and was very pleasant. She quickly brought us our drinks and recommended menu items. She knew exactly what was in every dish. When she brought our food, she came back after the first couple bites to ask how everything was tasting. She refilled our waters constantly. She was always around if we needed anything. She was great!

6. Another time, we went to the restaurant and it had closed 15 minutes ago. However, we were going on a tour and we were really hungry. The server, was kind enough to pack us up some toast and jam even though they were closed.

7. The food and beverage manager for the restaurant (I can't remember his name) was also really great! He is new to the restaurant and just relocated from somewhere else. He was very friendly and attentive. You can really see that team work was a principle value in the restaurant as no one said "hang on I will get your server for you" They all pitched in and helped each other out.

I would definetly stay here again and really recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Serena200
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here during the essence music festival. Hotel has a great location close to everything. A few blocks and you're I'm the french quarter. Superdome is two blocks away and the convention center isn't that far either. Staff was friendly and helped guide us in the right direction. I was surprised at how spacious the rooms were. The only negative was the water didn't run out the shower like its suppose to so you were in standing water while showering. The rooftop pool was not. Exercise room needs some updated equipment but there waa enough working equipment to work up a good sweat. Overall a nice hotel. Will stay here again.

Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a great location if you want to be out of the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. There is a street car stop very close by to get you into the thick of the city. The bar and restaurant were reasonably priced, good service and great food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown
Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Arts District / Warehouse District
Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!