The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the French Quarter (Bourbon street where the parties are every night). It has very nice staff. Even though it was overbooked when we arrived and they couldn't offer the room we wanted, we were given the option of staying in a different kind of room free of charge for one night (1+1 spare bed) or go to another hotel.
The rooms are nice, equipped with everything you might need, clean and tidy. You can find different kinds of pillows as well, from soft to hard.
The only thing I didn't like was the balcony door. In our rooms (both of them on the 16th and 17th floor) were relatively noisy from all the traffic and sirens going on outside and below. The balcony door in our room was broken, it was not sliding properly and it could be closed with a gap of about half an inch.
Other than that the place was good, the pricing was good, so I'd come back with some earplugs anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, IHG, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome