“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #81 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was great the service was outstanding very friendly staff very comfortable stay...Nadia at the front desk was great a huge help for everything we needed. The rooms were very clean and quiet. And the hotel is perfect for tourists wanting to see attractions like bourbon street everything is in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank dbrow
Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous rooms. Friendly staff. Great location...short distance from Canal St and French Quarter. Perfect location to grab the trolley/streetcar down to Harrah's! My husband and 3 year old loved this hotel. Would love to stay again!
My only complaint is the hotel restaurant. Service was terrible! They werent busy yet tended to us as if the place was beyond full.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Leann L
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Kudos to Holiday Inn at the Superdome. Clean and spacious rooms. Staff was very pleasant. Able to walk to most venues - although the weather was cold for NOLA during our business trip - they were very accommodating finding cab services to where ever we needed to go. Restaurant on site was good for breakfast (did not have dinner there). Room service was very good. Elevators a bit slow - but expect that with a crowd.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PilgrimBelle
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I really enjoyed the experience here, and Ms. Lorraine gave my friend and I some great restaurant recommendations! Thanks Ms. Lorraine!
They also had convenient guest parking lot in the building, but it was $26.88/day. A bit pricey if u ask me....
And the elevators are TOO slow! Errrrr!!!!!

Room Tip: Late check out! Noon check out!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for recognizing Lorraine from our housekeeping department! Considering our location, it’s easy to deliver wonderful restaurant recommendations and our staff is a great resource! In regards to parking, space is limited in a large city and it’s a commodity not included at any metropolitan property. However, we stand above the rest with a covered and secure garage for your vehicle. Also, the elevator renovations are nearly finalized! There are two modernized lifts running at this time and the new technology is incredibly efficient. Once the project is completed, you will rarely have to wait for an elevator! Thanks again for your kind comments!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here recently and were very pleased with the hotel and our accommodations!! Our room was comfortable and the hotel lobby was very comfortable for relaxing after our walks around the area! The hotel staff were friendly and we want to say "THANKS" to Ms. Bailey for her assistance during our stay. We were within walking distance of the French Quarter and Bourbon Street and also enjoyed taking the streetcar on a couple occasions. Should we visit again, we would certainly stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the New Orleans area!

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor overlooking the pool area and experienced very little noise!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mars1103
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Thank you holiday inn and especially you Nadia service was excellent. I enjoyed my stay as usual. Location is perfect walking distance from where I want to go. Hotel is clean never had any issues or complaints with the staff or rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank johnnyoflgk
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here the night before a cruise and the experience was awesome from check in to check out and everything in between. People were great, room was awesome and the location was right for the price. I was a little disappointed when I asked about breakfast upon my arrival the only suggestion was tier restaurant but I did not think much of it as I used trip advisor to find something. When I got off the cruise I changed my shuttle pick up to the hotel as it was alter int e day rather than the terminal as it would be too busy in the afternoon. I got back to the hotel early and my daughter was sleeping int the stroller so I figured I would sit in the restaurant and have a drink while I waited. It took ten minutes to be seated and by that time my daughter woke up. After another 5-10 minutes of no help or acknowledgment I gave up. I asked the concierge where I could get some orange juice for my daughter who was thirsty. She said I could try the bar to which I replied I tried but no one has helped me for the last ten minutes. She rudely said well they do not open till 2 in five minutes. At that point I simply left as they were only interested in pushing their restaurant. I walked up the street found a Hilton gardens who happily helped me get some orange juice and made us feel welcome even though we were not guests.

It is a great hotel but do not expect much in the way of local suggestions.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

I’m terribly sorry for the restaurant staff’s behavior. It’s upsetting you had to leave our property to receive the service you desired, however, I’m glad you were accommodated in the end. Awareness is the first step and we ran with your feedback! The F&B managers immediately introduced a new service training program for their staff and will re-focus their efforts. Guest service is our number one priority so we do not take lightly to hearing otherwise. Your time and observations are greatly appreciated. We look forward to exceeding your expectations next time around, in all departments!