“Friendly staff, Thank you for Lucien & Nadia...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #73 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Friendly staff, Thank you for Lucien & Nadia...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We are the couple from Turkey. We stayed The Holiday Inn Hotel and I can say that this hotel is very nice. The room is clean and comfortable. The staff all around is very kindly and friendly. They are always willing to assist in what you need. Especially Lucien and Nadia, front desk, have always been friendly, we are really appreciate them, Thank you again ;)

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank ZeynepZng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had an issue with my reservation and Rochelle Howard was the best person I could have talked to regarding my issue. She helped me in a timely manner and was great to work with!! Thanks Rochelle!I had an issue with my reservation and Rochelle Howard was the best person I could have talked to regarding my issue. She helped me in a timely manner and was great to work with!! Thanks Rochelle!I had an issue with my reservation and Rochelle Howard was the best person I could have talked to regarding my issue. She helped me in a timely manner and was great to work with!! Thanks Rochelle!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Nice and comfortable hotel.

Pros - Clean room microwave and fridge, balcony, about 3 blocks from Canal Street, free internet, very reasonable rate ($99/night)

Cons - no free breakfast but there was a restaurant and room service was available, slow elevators.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was on the Louisiana National Guard task force that worked with the N.O.P.D in 2007. The hotel was very nice then , but was still in the recovery procees from Katrina. I stayed there from 5 Dec to 14 Dec 2012. The hotel looks great. They have made it a very beautiful and comfortable establishment without loosing it French Quarter roots. As always the staff was outstanding. I worked very closely with Ms. Rochelle and Ms. Linda in accounting during my stay in 2007, and they are both still there providing outstanding customer service. I travel to New Orleans quite often for business and pleasure. As long as I receive the great service from the staff that I have always seen, this is the only place I will stay.

Room Tip: During the warm months, the eighth floor has rooms that access the pool from the balcony. It makes f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

My stay was great I loved All of the food, drinks an the people was very helpful when i needed direction this young lady went out her way to help me thanks keila barthelemy she was very helpful to us an i would love to come back...

• Stayed December 2012
windsor ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Let's start with the positives, location is decent and the rooms were renovated within the year so everything in the rooms are new.

BAD

They used to have shuttle service downtown and don't anymore, when I called before making the reservation they said that they did. So we didn't rent a car, when we got there they told us they didn't have it and ended up spending hundreds in Cab fare.

AC was soooo loud that we would have to leave it on all day while we were out so the room would be cold and turn it off so we could sleep. The AC cover was SOOO gross, the filter was COVERED in dust as if they have never been cleaned.
The bathroom door squeaked so loud that at night we would wake each other up when opening and closing the door.
The elevators took 10 minutes each and every time we were in the lobby or on our floor.
The Housekeepers ignored our Do Not Disturb Sign EVERY single day.
They never asked for ID when we checked in, nor did they ever ask for ID when we needed to get new keys to our room. All they would ask is which room we were in, so we could have asked for keys to any room.

All of our bad experiences comes down to poor training and management, they Housekeepers need to be re-trained as does most of the front desk staff. Although I will say the gentleman who checked us in was AWESOME and should probably be given a management role.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

there was not a thing about this hotel i would complain about. to get the $64 papa noel rate i had to email the office, and a very nice lady took care of it for me. i usually book online, but you could call and get the rate, but am guessing it may only be good for week nights and not for special occasions[only good for the month of december]. it's an older building, but the room i had was very nice and completely up to date. they even have high intensity reading lights, for the bed. they are putting in a new streetcar line on loyola street, in front of the hotel, but that is supposed to be done for the super bowl. this hotel is a bit farther from the french quarter, but still and easy walk for most people. when the streetcar line is done then the walking distance will be a moot point, as i'm sure you will be able to board right out front.. each room has a balcony, and there is some street noise. great stay.

Room Tip: i always book the highest floor i can get, to cut down on street noise. after streetcar constuction...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
#64 of 162 in New Orleans
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,408 reviews
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#109 of 162 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!