My wife and I, visited a convention in New Orleans and stayed for 6 nights in this hotel.
1. The hotel is walking distance from the convention center and from the French quarter.
2. The room was spacious and really cozy, one of the best I stayed in.
3. Internet is decent and free.
4.There is a fridge in the room.
5.There is a normal size supermarket (not a tiny grocery store) 7 minutes by foot from the hotel (you can actually see from the hotel).
6. Staff is helpful and nice, though sometimes you have to make sure that they listen to you till the end before jumping to conclusions and rushing doing things that you did not ask for.
1. There is not much of a lobby and what there is, is not really inviting (for those who look for one)
2. We ate breakfast once at the hotel and the service can really be improved: we found it chaotic and slow.
3. There was a noise from outside air condition units (small turbo prop airplane style): it means that you have to sleep with windows closed.
4. If you have a connecting door in the room, you might hear your neighbors. It, of course depends on neighbors but we had quite an experience in our last night.
5. No 220/240 V in the bathroom
6. the upper part of the Canal street (leads to the Loyola Ave) feels not safe. We had to use Poydras Ave. or some other more inner streets.
Overall, it was a good but not perfect stay, good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome