“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Rochester, NY
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights from Sept 27 and left Oct 2. Our room was good size, comfortable and clean. We had absolutely no problems with the room. Air conditioner worked and was not loud or noisy. We would NOT recommend their restaurant, however. The first morning, we stood by the door at least 5 minutes, (the guys ahead of us were there longer). No one acknowleded that we were waiting. Finally sat down and wait staff was extremely slow. One man waited to pay and no one was around to take his money. Not good if you're in a hurry to get to a tour, etc. After that, brought back beignets from Cafe Du Monde and Crispy Creme donuts from Walgreens. Coffe pot and microwave and fridge in room. They have a safe in the closet and we used it. Very safe. You key in your own code! Walking distance to the French Quarter and Mississippi. Had a wonderful time and would definitely go back. Oh, lots of street construction around N.O right now but easy to get around that. They are preparing for next year's Madri Gras and Super Bowl, both coinciding with each other.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was in this hotel for 3 night and I realy enjoyed it. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very beautiful. The staff were very nice and helpful, especiall thanks to Ms Nadia for her kindly help during our stay. I will definetly come again to this hotel and also recommend to this hotel to my friends.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

In a convenient location. Congested but free parking! Rooms are clean and well appointed .. but .. and a big but for me .. they have one of those wall air conditioners that are loud and turn on and off all night. Staff is friendly and helpful and the bar/restaurant is very nice. All in all, I would return .. maybe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have a 1970's type wall air conditioner!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JeremiahF
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

First off, I'm so happy to say that I didn't stay here. But, I did have a conference here for a week and the experience was horrible! Upon arriving at the hotel and taking the elevator to the conference room, got stuck in the elevator for about 10 minutes. One of the employees got stuck in the elevator with us and said "Don't worry, this happens all the time." Comforting to know! The rest of the time, the elevators were incredibly slow and there are 18 floors in the hotel. No idea where the stairs were. There were ants crawling all over the conference room, and one of the people at the conference actually had to change rooms because there were ants crawling in his bed! Another person ordered room service and found bugs in her food! The service provided was pretty ridiculous too. For instance, they provided yogurt but no bowls, so we had to eat the yogurt out of coffee mugs. They forgot to bring in napkins. They brought in a plate of bread and bagels but no toaster (they remembered to provide the toaster on the 2nd day). And the room was FREEZING due to the extreme air conditioning. This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a conference. Additionally, this hotel is not conveniently located to any of the attractions in New Orleans. For the price (which was ~$200/night that my friends ended up paying) you could find something much, much better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Jessica C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, LA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very comfortable room, beds were great. Went for a football game and they had pregame brunch, cocktail bar all set up. Room was pretty nice and clean, updated. Super convenient to Superdome- easy walk. Right now New orleans is still pretty torn up with construction, so the worst part is navigating the one way streets to get to the Hotel, but that is true many areas. We did walk to the quarter by day, cabbed it back at night. $25 to park each night- also true about a lot of the Hotels in NOLA.

Room Tip: We got a deal on two doubles- beds a bit small but cozy. Choose a King if you can and you may want t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I called the Holiday Inn to get a reservation for the St. Paul's School vs Lincoln High School, Tallahassee game on Friday night at 6:00 p.m., of which we(Lincoln High) won. The receptionist was a young lady name Shantell who answered my call. She had a very welcoming voice and made the reservation for me. As I was asked questions from the school (Lincoln), I called Shantell to get the answer. I called her several times and her pleasant voice was the same as it was the first time, so much so that she was able to say, Hello Ms. Acoff and we laughed about that. I thanked her for her pleasant attitude and hoped that she was going to be there when we arrived. Because she was so nice, when hurricane Issac went through New Orleans, I felt a great concern for them at the Holiday Inn that I called to find out if she was safe. When we arrived I left a package for Shantell because had been extremely helpful to me to get the information back to the school. Thanks again Shantell for ALL that you do and your kind spirit. Upon my stay I met a young lady name Juanita who was just as helpful as Shantell. Holiday Inn, if you don't know it, let me be the one to tell you that you have GEMS in these two young ladies and when I return to New Orleans, I am planning on staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome New Orleans. Continue the good work ladies.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Downtown Super Dome is a wonderful place to stay in New Orleans.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I wouls like to say that I was not expecting much from this hotel. However, when we walkes into or room, it was a great surprise to us. The room was spacious enough for us to throw a small hospitality in there (in N.O. for convention). Bed was so comfortable that i did not want to get up the next morning. The one thing that spoiled our stay a bit was the water was not hot in the shower. It was probably lukewarm at best! Other than that, we really enjoyes our stay there.

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown
Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#109 of 162 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!