“I don't give many bad reviews, but this hotel is terrible ....”

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Ranked #73 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
“I don't give many bad reviews, but this hotel is terrible ....”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

First off, I'm so happy to say that I didn't stay here. But, I did have a conference here for a week and the experience was horrible! Upon arriving at the hotel and taking the elevator to the conference room, got stuck in the elevator for about 10 minutes. One of the employees got stuck in the elevator with us and said "Don't worry, this happens all the time." Comforting to know! The rest of the time, the elevators were incredibly slow and there are 18 floors in the hotel. No idea where the stairs were. There were ants crawling all over the conference room, and one of the people at the conference actually had to change rooms because there were ants crawling in his bed! Another person ordered room service and found bugs in her food! The service provided was pretty ridiculous too. For instance, they provided yogurt but no bowls, so we had to eat the yogurt out of coffee mugs. They forgot to bring in napkins. They brought in a plate of bread and bagels but no toaster (they remembered to provide the toaster on the 2nd day). And the room was FREEZING due to the extreme air conditioning. This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a conference. Additionally, this hotel is not conveniently located to any of the attractions in New Orleans. For the price (which was ~$200/night that my friends ended up paying) you could find something much, much better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Jessica C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, LA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very comfortable room, beds were great. Went for a football game and they had pregame brunch, cocktail bar all set up. Room was pretty nice and clean, updated. Super convenient to Superdome- easy walk. Right now New orleans is still pretty torn up with construction, so the worst part is navigating the one way streets to get to the Hotel, but that is true many areas. We did walk to the quarter by day, cabbed it back at night. $25 to park each night- also true about a lot of the Hotels in NOLA.

Room Tip: We got a deal on two doubles- beds a bit small but cozy. Choose a King if you can and you may want t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I called the Holiday Inn to get a reservation for the St. Paul's School vs Lincoln High School, Tallahassee game on Friday night at 6:00 p.m., of which we(Lincoln High) won. The receptionist was a young lady name Shantell who answered my call. She had a very welcoming voice and made the reservation for me. As I was asked questions from the school (Lincoln), I called Shantell to get the answer. I called her several times and her pleasant voice was the same as it was the first time, so much so that she was able to say, Hello Ms. Acoff and we laughed about that. I thanked her for her pleasant attitude and hoped that she was going to be there when we arrived. Because she was so nice, when hurricane Issac went through New Orleans, I felt a great concern for them at the Holiday Inn that I called to find out if she was safe. When we arrived I left a package for Shantell because had been extremely helpful to me to get the information back to the school. Thanks again Shantell for ALL that you do and your kind spirit. Upon my stay I met a young lady name Juanita who was just as helpful as Shantell. Holiday Inn, if you don't know it, let me be the one to tell you that you have GEMS in these two young ladies and when I return to New Orleans, I am planning on staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome New Orleans. Continue the good work ladies.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Downtown Super Dome is a wonderful place to stay in New Orleans.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I wouls like to say that I was not expecting much from this hotel. However, when we walkes into or room, it was a great surprise to us. The room was spacious enough for us to throw a small hospitality in there (in N.O. for convention). Bed was so comfortable that i did not want to get up the next morning. The one thing that spoiled our stay a bit was the water was not hot in the shower. It was probably lukewarm at best! Other than that, we really enjoyes our stay there.

• Stayed August 2012
APMAN652
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was traveling to New Orleans for Hurricane Isaac response and stayed at the downtown Holiday Inn. Overall the hotel was very good. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. However the balcony doors need to be replaced with heavier/sound prevention doors. Each night, sirens from emergency vehicles were very loud, like I had the door open. The pool is nice, as well as, the sun deck area. The elevators are very old and need some repair and/or replacement. The location of the hotel is not very walk-able. It is several blocks to the tourist areas and those blocks contain several dark streets, construction areas and unsafe conditions. Also, we did not see any close resturants nearby. If you want to go to Bourbon street do yourself a favor and drive to that area. Again, overall the hotel was what I expected, clean rooms, and good customer service. There are several other options near the Bourbon street area and Harrahs casino but you are going to pay a lot more for those higher end hotel chains.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel has all the amenities one would expect from a centrally located hotel in New Orleans. It is the superior staff that separates it from others. Everyone --from Alex, Lucien, Donna, Lyshonda & Patrice at the front desk, to the wait staff in the hotel's restaurant to the cleaning ladies on the 14th floor-- treated us as if we were family and went out of their way to accommodate us during a 4 day stay due to evacuation from hurricane Isaac. My family & I cannot say enough good things about the friendly and caring service we received at this hotel and we plan to stay again during more pleasant circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here while we were in town for the football game. The hotel is only a few blocks from the superdome. I had reserved a double room, but was given a room with a single king bed. I phoned the desk and they fixed it immediately. Good customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown
Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Arts District / Warehouse District
Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!