Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #83 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Tampa, Florida
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2009

Great choice if you are staying in New Orleans. The rooms are very very comfortable, which is a good thing after a day walking/sightseeing/ or at a convention. The room includes microwave, refrigerator, and wireless internet service. We love this hotel because of it's location. Emeril's is nearly around the corner, as well as many great restaurants and bars. The convention center and cruise terminal are only 1-2 blocks away. The French Quarter is 1/2 mile away, an easy walking distance. We like this hotel for being close enough to everything we want to see and do, but quiet for when we need to rest and recharge. Don't miss Mulate's 2 blocks up the street. Yes, it may seem at first blush to be a tourist themed restaurant, but the food is great and the Zydeco band is local and fabulous! We danced and had a blast. Hey, if Alton Brown even loved the food, it's gotta be something!

The hotel staff were always helpful and accommodating. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Stevensville, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2009

If you have business at the convention center, I highly recommend staying here. I walk is about 3 minutes away. Since your not on a super busy street, the rooms are pretty quiet. The staff was fantastic; very accomidating. I had ordered room service when I arrived more so for a snack, I was very suprised how good the food was. Good place to stay!

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2008

My spouse and visited New Orleans on Halloween. He had stayed at this hotel during the summer and said it was a good spot.
We were greeted for the valet parking and quickly checked in. The room was very clean, had good furnishings, two comfortable queen beds with crisp linens. There was an in-room safe and complimentary computer wireless connection. The view of the parking lot was nothing spectacular, but it was quiet.
In the back of the hotel lobby is a charming little courtyard.
The hotel is close to the Riverwalk shopping area and the convention center and approximately a 30-minute walk to the French Quarter on relatively safe and interesting streets.
Breakfast buffet was very reasonably priced with two different options: a great “healthy” selection or a more elaborate hot selection.
This is a very nice hotel and I can recommend it without hesitation.

• Liked — Pleasant, helpful staff
  • Disliked — view of parking lot
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Big Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2008

You have a many hotels that say they are near the Convention Center and even fewer that are nice. This property exceeded my expectations. Rack rate in June of $89. Like all HGi's there is a restaurant and small bar. The rooms are standard HGI, upgraded amenities and very comfortable beds. The property is a couple of blocks from the Convention Center, just far enough away from crowds. There are several restaurants you can walk too, French Quarter is $4 cab ride. The rooms are clean, excellent work station and fast internet.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan F
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

Many good things and some areas of improvement needed. As an Honors member, they might have given me a room on a higher floor rather than a 2nd floor "rooftop" view almost expecting to see someone walking by my window any time. I appreciated the proximity to the convention center and it not being on a noisy street. The pillows and comforter were nice, but the ill-fitting sheet directly on a rather uncomfortable mattress left a little to be desired. The TV remote and radio didn't work, and an hour after I requested working ones, I called again and about 1/2 hr after that a guy came up with a remote and tried to fiddle with the radio and said he'd be back , but was doing house keeping and maintenance by himself. In a 5 day stay, I never did get a working radio. Another night housekeeping came by trying to push towels on me that they were sure I ordered (I had not. She finally apologized and left.) I appreciated having a fridge and microwave and the room was well furnished. I had one dirty towel upon arrival; one day they didn't change my bathmat and the next day gave me a stained towel for a bathmat. Another day they forgot to re-stock my coffee and gave me a generic brand of lotion instead of the advertised Neutrogena. Front desk staff don't tell you about the little water bottles they give out early afternoon or cookies, fruit and punch around dinner time, but nice perks! One day there was a "host" gentleman greeting people and he was a sweetheart. Front desk staff need to give better directions. I asked how to go to Riverwalk, a LARGE shopping and dining complex. "Down a block and you'll see a sign." Uh, no. That would be walk THREE blocks to the Convention center, turn left and follow the length of it being several blocks long, then you will see a sign and walk a couple more blocks until you get to the place, which is several blocks long (but I recommend it!! Messina's has great food!) Pluses and minuses of the place. I'd call it "Convention Center" rather than "Downtown" I enjoyed my stay in New Orleans!

• Liked — Location near Convention Center; overall nice room
  • Disliked — Housekeeping Issues and mattress
  • Stayed August 2008
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

Great room for one night! We caught a cruise out of New Orleans. Location was very close to the Pier ($15.00 taxi fare), HOWEVER, the location of the hotel was odd. Located in a run down warehouse district. From a visitors point of view, it concerned me.
The hotel offered a Cruise package for $71.00 a night provided you show them your cruise ticket. They also extended my check out time to 3p.m. upon requested. The front desk were accomodating, friendly and very helpful. Showed us where to go and told us where to eat.
The room was nice, clean and comfortable bed. Shower was hot and the room stayed cold especially during the time we traveled, hot and humid (June 08)

• Liked — Comfie bed
  • Disliked — location of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

I stayed here for one night in March for a concert. The city was getting booked up fast so I got what I could. It turned out to be very nice inside. Very modern, comfy beds, flat screen tv, city view, and a very large room. I think we only paid $115 a night. The only downfall was that valet parking was $26 a night. You can find cheaper parking in New Orleans so it pissed me off that they charged this much.

• Liked — Location, Room size
  • Disliked — Valet parking cost
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends