“Good place, great location”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #87 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Good place, great location”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Employees were very courteous and helpful. Location was great - steps away from the Convention Center, short walk to Canal Street. Very close to highway. Room was clean, comfortable and well-equipped.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Candiff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Trenton, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This particular Hilton had excellent staff and accommodations. The service was excellent and staff very friendly and eager to assist. The rooms are very clean and the free internet service was a pleasant surprise. In fact, this was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at inside the U.S. The only downfall to staying here was no transportation (shuttle) to/from the airport. This one pitfall keeps me from giving a solid 10 to the Hilton Brand. However, all the other things would surely allow me to stay at the hotel again in N.O and probably make me look at other Hilton's as I travel quite frequently.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Delorfette C
sullivan
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We waited in the lobby for over an hour to check in along with many other people because rooms were not ready. The desk clerks were rude and unhelpful. The pool is very small and could not accommodate many guests. As I lay in my room now, people are screaming in the halls. This is after an entire basketball team had a meeting outside our room earlier to decide where to order pizza from. Would not recommend!

• Stayed July 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Planned a get a way trip via Amtrak to New Orleans.....we boarded the train in Houston, Tx prepared to take a 9 hour trip to New Orleans well can you believe something happened on the tracks and we got as far as Beaumont, Tx. I made a call to the hotel and explained my dilemma and spoke with a very friendly and helpful young man, he said that he would indeed hold my reservation till 2 a.m. Ok as time passed and we are still sitting in Beaumont, Tx the time is now 11 p.m. and by now I know we are not going to make it New Orleans by 2 a.m. so I made another call to the hotel and spoke with a very helpful female who told me that wouldn't be a problem and that she can check me in as we were speaking and all would be taken care of!!! At 12 a.m. buses arrived to carry us the rest of the way. We arrived to the hotel at 4:45 a.m. check-in and vented to the staff about our trip on Amtrak,she was very attentive and apologetic and she also gave us a complimentary breakfast for that happening to us. The hotel was very clean and comforting, Our room had a microwave and fridge. We had the view of the Convention Center and a view of the bridge going over the Mississippi River. The staff went out their way to greet us everyday we stayed. The breakfast was awesome. And everyday we left and returned to the hotel they had fresh chocolate chip cookies and lemonade at the entrance of the hotel. The pool and gym area was a plus to. So it's safe to say we had a wonderful stay and can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sweetreat31
Humble, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff at the New Orleans HGI Convention Center was great!! I was greeted with a smile, called by name, and provided wonderful entertainment and dining options. The front desk staff handled multiple check-ins efficiently and always were personable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Cedar Park, Texas, Usa
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A very nice facility located about a block from the Convention Center. Very attentive staff. Clean rooms, well maintained by the housekeeping staff. A restaurant on site that serves a very good breakfast with cooked to order eggs, French toast, waffles, and pancakes.

I had the opportunity to eat one dinner there, and the food was very good if you can tolerate extremely slow service. Our food took over and hour to arrive from the time it was ordered. It was not an exotic order (nachos, artichoke/spinach dip, a burger, and quesadillas. The waitress was very apologetic and knocked 50 percent off the bill. I don't know if this is an every night problem but we did not give them another opportunity.

Parking was 30 a day, which I guess is the norm.

Room Tip: Spa was not working properly but engineering staff could not seem to fix.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marietta, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed in another hotel my first night in NOLA. I made an online reservation from that hotel for the Hilton Garden Inn from that first room and did not regret my decision. I'm looking for more Hilton Garden Inns to stay in on my travels!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business