“Hilton Garden Inn Convention Centre”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #96 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Temperature in common areas very, very cold! Staff personality match the temperature. I am warm and friendly and chatty. This was not welcomed. Hot tub broken. POOR! We were not told and this is a main criteria when we reserve a hotel. My daughter was lectured at check in about smoking. Yes it is unhealthy but not the clerks position to lecture.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kate R, Social Media Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback and apologize for the issues that you experienced at the hotel. We always wish to provide the friendliest, most professional service and we are sorry that we did not meet expectations in your case. This incidences have been specifically addressed with the relevant departments. We hope to see you again in the future and ensure that you leave completely satisfied with your stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I read trip advisor before picking this hotel. We were cruising, leaving on Sunday and wanted to spend a few days in New Orleans before we left. Two couples and have never been to New Orleans. First of all when we arrived by taxi we we immediately greeted by Kevin Burton and every time he saw us he went out of his way to be helpful. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
Two others that stood out were Tasha Thomas at the front desk and Michael Weir.
Helpful suggestions for dinning, and safety were given. We didn't know Quarter Fest was going on when we booked but we we glad to be in town for a great celebration.

Only two complaints:
The first the condition of the hot tub. Looked like it hadn't been taken care of in a very long time.
Second the breakfast buffet was not the greatest. The gentleman who was overseeing the area was pleasant but I don't think food was worth price.

If back in NewOrleans I would stay again, but not use restaurant. And if pool area was still bad I'd complain this time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

It's an honor to host guests during their first trip to amazing New Orleans. We're especially glad for the shout-outs to Kevin, Michael and Tasha! Thanks for taking the time to review your stay!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I always park my truck at the fulton st garage during cruises out of NOLA.This hotel is right behind the garage.I was not expecting much but i was pleasently surprised.Nice rooms (with in room safes and good beds.The staff were great as well.This part of NOLA has some nice bars but is a good walk to the Quarters.You can always walk down to the julia st trolley stop and take the river route into the quarters.The trolley service is hit or miss though.Would stay here again after a cruise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Our hotel's location is perfect for cruisers and we enjoy hosting cruising guests. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We booked it because of a conference at the nearby convention center (1 block away). We checked in at midnight and we received our preferred room type. Having never stayed at a HGI, I was a big fan of the pantry -- a 24 section next to the front desk with bottle water, beer, assorted drinks, snacks which you could pay for or charge to your room. We got multiple bottles of water over the course of our 5 night stay and most of the time, the waters were given to us for free. Sadly, my Hilton Honors gold membership just expired prior to my stay but the front desk was kind enough to give us two free vouchers for the breakfast buffet which was very tasty. Omelettes to order, self-serve waffles, excellent hash browns, eggs to order, bacon, sausage and wonderfully flaky biscuits. The coffee was very good too and was available all AM and afternoon. It was easy getting a cab from the front as the door-person was very attentive and proactive in hailing cabs for us.

The room was clean with crisp sheets, plenty of fresh towels and free WiFi which is key for me. The pool and work out room are on the 4th floor. The work out room has a couple treadmills, ellipticals, a nautilus and a flat bench. TVs are on all the cardio machines.

I highly recommend this hotel. It is 1 block away from Couchon, if that sways you and is 1 mile from the French Quarter.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for "highly recommending" us!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I would definitely check for a Hilton Garden Inn for my future vacations. I especially liked the breakfasts and service. Your staff were very friendly. I felt comfortable when I walked around the area. It is in a good location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The staff was exceptionally polite. Brittany who checked us in was bubbly and energetic, she also explained all of the amenities. We traveled here to celebrate my birthday, and later that night my fiancee proposed, the staff here was very nice and made this weekend even more special for us. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Good hotel with a friendly staff. Close to convention center and River Area. Walk to catch the trolley at Riverside to get to Jackson Square and other parts of the quarter. Parking is a little high but it is high everwhere in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Walk to Riverside trolley to get to French Quarter