“Great convention center location”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #93 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
New York
“Great convention center location”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel was in the perfect location for a convention center event. The room was good,i took the advise of other TripAdvisor reviewers and requested a higher floor. There was some noise on Saturday night. It is a long walk to the French Quarter but taxis are plentiful and inexpensive so I used that option.
It's all about the staff and communication, right? The high points: the young men at the front door, greeted me with a smile at all times, comforting when coming back late in a strange city. They were prompt and went out of their way to get cabs, give directions etc. Hats off to them. Also, to the young woman who let me have a banana from the breakfast buffet one morning.
The bad: grumpy people at the front desk. Absolutely no communication about the citywide water problem that occurred. At other hotels , during this time guests were given bottled waters. The hotel should have communicated through signs what was going on.But mostly, they were always too busy. Smiling is really not that tough. Also, the state of the breakfast was dismal. Dirty dishes, unreplenished food, overall disarray and disappointing. We only ate there one morning (we were there for six days).
However, the pluses outweigh the minuses. Great hotel, great price , many many great staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor.
1 Thank halsherm3
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thanks for reviewing! We're happy you enjoyed our convenient location and your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I travel a great deal for business. WE always stay in the Hilton/Hampton Inn family. We are almost never disappointed by our accommodations and this particular hotel was one of the very best we have stayed at. The service begins at the curb and it NEVER stops! AND it is within walking distance of the Riverwalk and the Convention Center. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
What a great review! Thanks for staying with us and we're glad you enjoyed the hotel!
Flowood, Mississippi
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Too many miscommunications with our wedding block, wrong reservations and even LOST reservations. Internet price was the same for the "deal" given to us for the night of the wedding. It made for a very stressful day before and of for the wedding. It was very disappointing to hear that our OUT OF TOWN GUESTS did not have a place to stay. The most helpful people were the bellhops.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crystal w
It is very disappointing to hear that we did not meet your expectations during this stay. Please know that your satisfaction and our guests' happiness is very important to us, and that your feedback will be reviewed will the appropriate department. We would like to do all we can to ensure that our guests have a wonderful stay and we strive to provide the friendliest, best service to our guests.
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center during the Rock & Roll Marathon weekend, and our experience was top-notch. The location was great and we loved being so easily accessible to everything we needed. I was super impressed with the look of the hotel, everything was modern and clean and visually pleasing. I was also impressed with the professionalism and friendly disposition of the staff. From front desk to housekeeping to the concierge who set me up with the sweetest cab driver after I was denied service from cabbies looking for airport business, I felt very happy to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to review us!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was a great location far enough away from Bourbon st to make it worth stay but still within walking distance. Walking distance to the quarters, garden district and sits within blocks from some of the best restaurants in the city. Also great location to stay before leaving on a cruise as it is directly across the street from the cruise ship port.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We're glad to hear you enjoyed our location! Thanks for the review and for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center!
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was chosen for me, I normally would stay at a Marriott chain, but that wasn’t an option this time. I was very surprised with the friendly staff and bright welcoming lobby. We arrived very early in the morning, and the staff informed me the room would not be ready for a while, but would check me in and took my baggage into storage. I was pushing my luck trying to check in at 7am!
I carried on with my scheduled meeting and received a call saying my room was now ready,10am.
Room was clean, large and had two queen beds. There is no free breakfast and the cost of the buffet is $12. Be warned, the omelet cook doesn’t remember who's order is who's, and gave my order away two days running!
Parking was valet, and was very quick.
New Orleans is always busy but this hotel coped with it well and always with a smile.

1 Thank Sean1960_10
We love hearing how much our guests enjoy our friendly staff! Thank you for sharing.
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I greatly enjoyed my recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center. The hotel is clean and modern. The lobby area is a great place to relax between adventures or meetings. Every hotel staff member, I interacted with was friendly and helpful. My room was always clean and quiet - no easy task when the hotel was at capacity. The room furnishings were top notch with plenty of places to plug in all the gizmos of a modern traveler. Almost always was a cab outside the hotel for a trip to the French Quarter or airport. If not, the hotel staff was always able to flag a cab down in a few minutes. If you are walking, plan on a 20 minute trek to the French Quarter. There is a grocery store close by for picking up some breakfast items and a great sandwich/butcher shop down the street that is worth waiting in line for. I'm going to be looking for more conventions to attend in New Orleans after this trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate it.