“Has its good and bad things”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #96 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here the weekend of the Super Bowl, so the room rate was jacked up! It's very close to the convention center, so that's great if you need to go there. However, it's about two miles from Bourbon Street and French Quarter. It's about a 15-20 minute walk, which is fine, but wear comfortable shoes. Also, there's very few restaurants around. The ones that are close are good, but you have more options in other places.
The hotel has a $12.95 breakfast buffet, which I thought was really good. They will make you omelets, pancakes, etc. They also have a pantry where you can buy snacks.
The room was small, but that was to be expected. My biggest complaint is you can easily hear people walking through the hall. This was really a problem at night when drunk people were banging on their door and yelling in the hallway. It sounded like someone from the hotel was there to try and get them to be quiet, but it didn't work. Same thing happened the next night. I asked the front desk about it and they didn't know anything about it. I just chalked it up to one of those things that happen. It's NOLA, you're going to get drunk people that are loud in the early hours of the nite.
The staff was friendly, the room was clean. If it was located closer to the French Quarter, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the noise and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to soundproof our property.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,358)

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel 1 block from convention center. Breakfast was ok. Easy to get to things. French quarter right up the street. I would stay here again. Staff very friendly to point out options for food nearby.

• Stayed: February 2013

We're so glad you would stay here again and we hope you do! Thanks for the review and we love greeting our guests with a smile.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent stay in the warehouse district, convenient to convention center and local restaurants. Met with smile as we pulled up and bellman gave outstanding dinner recommendations. Very nice room, plenty of space, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center! We really appreciate it. Even more importantly, we're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and great service. We hope to see you on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here for Mardi Gras weekend and I have absolutely no complaints. The staff was awesome and very helpful and it's in a great location! It's an easy walk to the quarter and the restaurants and bars around the area are very fun as well! The concierge was very helpful, they'll get you a cab in a matter of seconds if you need it. I would definitely stay here again!

3  Thank travelbug_tx45
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed staying with us during Mardi Gras and that you found our staff so helpful.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was the Hotel Royal Caribbean set us up in for our Pre Cruise stay. We were a little disappointed that this hotel wasn't closer to the French Quarter but it was still within walking distance. Unfortuantely the Trolley was down the week we were there getting the final upgrades for the SuperBowl.
The bed was comfortable and the room very nice especially the complementry WIFI. They also had free Lemonaide and cookies. Most of the staff was very friendly and accomodating. A special thank you to Eustis. He is the best. Now if he could teach those girls a little more about Customer Service.
Over all, I would stay here again, much better than the Marriott that charges extra for everything. Location is the only advantage the Marriot has.
We didn't eat at the Garden Inn (who wants a Buffet when you are going to have 7 days of them)
There were penty of great restaurants in the general area. Mulates for the best Gumbo in town. A little bar with great burgers and a Pizza and Pasta place. About 2 blocks down. Don't let the dark streets scare you. That little Pizza and Pasta place has some of the best Pasta and Lasagne I have ever had. (take that Olive Garden).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Teekya

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We really appreciate it. We will let Eustis know that you especially recognized his service.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was on business trip and this hotel was recommended to me by friend of mine. The place looked clean and courtyard was bright. I was delighted to be on right place but it proved disaster, services were bad and charges considerably high, moreover very noisy surrounding. I will say Bad choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank aderberto a
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret if you had a disappointing experience with some aspects of our hotel and more specifically with the lack of attention you received from our staff. I can assure you that I have taken your feedback into consideration and have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments.

Again, I sincerely apologize that you went through any inconveniences during your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable and the overall hotel was clean. The elevators were fast. The court yard was nice. The bad was they shut off our keys before our checkout time. Not cool at all as I got stuck outside. Plan to write a letter on that one. The restaurant has bad service. No one waited on us the first day. The food was cold though the fresh made omelette was good. The price was very high for what we got.
They were also filming a movie outside the hotel during our stay which they DID NOT tell us. Totally screwed us on parking and been able to get our stuff out of the motel. That also really pissed me off.

Room Tip: Park on a side street as they charge $30 per night to park in the hotel parking lot. The price was a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if you if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. Again, I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.