1,530 results
All reviews front desk french quarter warehouse district cruise terminal nice hotel breakfast buffet wwii museum attending a conference within walking distance valet parking is valet service mardi gras few blocks rooftop pool bourbon street hgi nola
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Nice hotel a good distance away from the craziness of the French Quarter, but not too far. If it had been warmer outside we may have been able to walk from the hotel to Bourbon St, but it's a short cab ride otherwise. Staff were very friendly and helpful (something that surprised me since I experienced a lot of rudeness/bad customer service during my last visit to NOLA). Room was just a regular hotel room, nothing great, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank timaeus1
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We arrived after midnight and check-in set the tone for a very good stay. The hotel was recently renovated and is located in the Warehouse District. Our 3rd floor King Suite was very clean, comfortable and roomy. We were attending an event at the Convention Center which made this HGI a plus as we could see the convention center from our window, literally one short block away. The made-to-order breakfast offers the largest variety of items I’ve seen thus far in my stays at HGI properties. Breakfast is served until noon on weekends. While the variety was exceptional, the food on our first morning was not hot. My spinach, ham/cheese quiche and sausage patties were served warm. Breakfast on Saturday morning was great (Derek makes a perfect extra cheese omelet)! The wait staff was attentive as well as all the staff we encountered during our three night stay. Michael Weir was very helpful with transportation tips. The hotel has valet parking only at a cost of $30.00 per night. The hotel is 8-10 blocks from Canal Street but public transportation stops (bus, trolley) are a short walk nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Booked a weekend stay for activities of my granddaughters cheer team.
Ended up not having to be in the convention center area, however, this is to me a good central location for just about any area in New Orleans. The activities were actually in the Lakeside Arena and this location is only about 8 - 9 miles from there. This location is just far enough from the rowdy French Quarter area that it is peaceful, yet close enough to the downtown area that you are looking at a short 15 minute walk, a short cab ride or catch the trolly at Julia Street (only about a five minute walk from the hotel).
The staff at this location was extremely friendly and helpful. Valet parking was about $30.00 and your auto is placed in their private lot. Nearby garage parking is $20.00, however, be aware that you pay every time that you leave a garage.... So, take the friendly valet service and park in a secured parking area and go and come at will.
We did not dine or have breakfast at this location so I can not review that.
The room and housekeeping service met every need that I and my family might have had.
The room was very clean and fresh; had a microwave and small refrigerator. The ONLY complaint that I might have is in the comfort of the mattresses. They are a type of air mattress, not the sleep number type. I found they did not adjust to my comfort. I would not however let this deter me from enjoying staying at this location again!
The pool is heated and located on the forth floor in a rather neat setting.
Also, they have a very well layed out exercise room with just about any type of machines and equipment that you might want; esp. compared to some of the hotels exersice rooms that I have used.
BTW, if you are staying for activities at the N. O. Convention Center; ,they are a short one bloock away.
VERY enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Pool is on forth floor. The Convention Cen blocks any river views so just about any level is going to have somewhat of a view of the streets and other buildings.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DSLA51
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This hotel is fabulous! The staff was so very helpful with first timers getting around their city. Our valet guy Michael had an incredible sense of hospitality and was always Johnny on the spot when we needed something. The rooms were clean, comfortable (temperpedic beds) and full of everything that you would expect. A room facing east (as ours was) has no view, other than empty warehouses. But it was also nice and quiet. The bar is expensive about $25 for 2 drinks but they make very good drinks. The breakfast in the morning is $12.99 and was a little high but very good as well. The chefs are friendly and kind to explain what everything was. Over all this hotel was well worth the money. We were very pleased. And if you go...ask for Michael the valet guy...give him 30 or 40 dollars and he will take very good care of you with any of your needs for your entire stay.

Room Tip: Avoid hotel in the French Quarter unless you want noise all night. This one was easily accessible to the FQ via taxi or a little bit of a walk.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2012

So, make sure, if you're not the party type (like we aren't) to make sure you're on the quiet side of the hotel, or you get the bar band from across the way until midnight. But the next morning, the staff very kindly and efficiently moved us to the other side and a better night's sleep was had for both of us! In fact, all staff we interacted with was friendly and efficient. The breakfast buffet was tasty, too. The hotel was very close to the convention center, our reason for being there and walking to the French Quarter was entirely do-able.

Room Tip: The quiet side!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple