Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
$279
$269
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$215
$179
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
$243
Hotels.com
$392
$349
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$170
$224
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$343
$299
1,425 results
All reviewsfront deskfrench quarterwarehouse districtcruise terminalnice hotelbreakfast buffetwwii museumvalet parking iswalking distancevalet servicewould stay here againmardi grasfew blocksrooftop poolbourbon streethginola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 3 nights. They were doing construction but it wasn't a problem. I liked my room a lot, very comfortable, huge flat screen tv, refrigerator and microwave and a nice side chair to relax in. I'd definetly stay again. The French Quarter is about a 15 minute walk. The front desk was super friendly. HW/3*

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HandsumMuscle
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed here for 3 days and felt very comfortable. The room was nice, has just been remodeled. Only problem was the new beds have an adjustable number on each side that lets the air go from one chamber to another to make it more comfortable. Once we figured out how it worked (change the number to soft or harder and lay on the bed for at least 15 minutes or longer to start to feel it change) - we got it set and had great sleep. There are 9 chambers in the bed and depending on the setting you pick - air moves back & forth in the chambers to contour to your body. Nothing plugs in to electricity - no motor or air pump runs these. New concept. Everyone was helpful. We took cabs several times to go to the French Quarter or French Market, for 2 of us it cost about $7.50 total + tip. My husband went for work to the convention center for an expo, while another spouse & I went shopping or sightseeing during the day. At night we found several good restaurants and bars to go sit and enjoy the area. Sat night went to Bourbon St and walked the length of it - was very crowded, rest of week it wasn't bad to walk at all, no big crowds.
Ate breakfast in the hotel, one day went to a local cafe/dive called "Mothers" - best ham around.(Place is nothing special though!) Went to Dickie Brennan's Palace Cafe (on Canal St) for dinner - had Bananas Foster for dessert - great choice!!! Went to Embers another night. Went on the Natchez riverboat for a cruise - was interesting. The bartender at the hotel is a great guy - really enjoyed him. (Brian I think it was). Also, a nice little sports bar/grill down the street called Ernests, recommend it too.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor - all remodeled. Currently they are working on the 4th floor I believe.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The Hilton Garden Hotel is situated in the Warehouse district of New Orleans. The staff were very obliging and helpful. My room was comfortable. The are a lot of nice restaurants close to the Hotel and as it is a little distance from the French Quarter it is quiet.
As other reviewers have noted it is close to the Convention Centre. I had an enjoyable stay in the Hotel and found it to be excellent value. Highly recommended
The hotel is in the course of renovation but I was not inconvenienced by the work in any way

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, Administrative Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear SouthsideEddie,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

As a corporate pilot I stay in many many hotels and this Hilton is by far the worst one ever !
When I arrived a lady behind the desk at a computer told me "I'm to busy right now" and finally another lady showed up and checked us in, she wasn't much better with her attitude.

The noise coming form the convention center was just awful its started about 6pm and lasted until 3am. I went to the front desk to see if I could change rooms and the same attitude with the front dest help.............they just didn't care about there're guests !

I will say the girls at the breakfast buffet were really nice and pleasant.

I won't be staying at another Hilton for a long long time.

Don't stay there folks you won't like it and the cost for a room is really high.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank captjmmo8112

Dear captjmmo8112,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on TripAdvisor. I am extremely sorry to hear of your impressions of our front desk. We take our guests' feedback very seriously as we strive to provide great customer service on a consistent basis. I have shared your comments with our team and hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Just returned a few hours ago from a four night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, while attending a professional conference at the convention center. First of all, it is very conveniently located only 2 blocks from the convention center, and a short 5 - 10 minute walk (tops) from the Riverwalk Marketplace. This would also be a great location if you are cruising out of the port on the Carnival Cruise that leaves from Riverwalk.

My room was brand new, I mean I was truly the first person to ever stay in the room. They just opened the 6th Floor on Wednesday, and will continue to open floors over the next month. I was very impressed with how the hotel handled the renovations. They have set construction times that take place when most people are out of the hotel (after 9:30am) and on the weekends construction did not start till after 10:30am. They are doing a beautiful job on the renovation, and are just about to start the lobby area, which honestly didn't look like it needed renovating to me.

The breakfast at the hotel was $12.95, but offered a lot for the money. Made to order fresh omelets, pancakes, french toast, and eggs any way you want them. A buffet of breads, pastries, cereals, yogurts, fruit, and more. Wait staff was excellent and in New York I would have expected to pay around $30 for a similar breakfast.

For those who have not been to New Orleans, I walked to the French quarter a few times I was there and it took me about 15 minutes, and about 8 minutes to Harrah's Casino.

A Cab to/from the airport to hotel is fixed rate of $33.

Room Tip: 6th floor is a winner!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bocaberger

Dear bocaberger,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such an extensive review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on TripAdvisor. Your comments and feedback on the location, ongoing renovations, breakfast, and cab fare is very much appreciated. I truly hope you find yourself in the New Orleans area again in the near future and hope you will choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center.